Bring Me Proof

The bag over Oswald's head is lifted, revealing him to be in Don Falcone's dining room. Falcone stands by a nearby window, while a servant blocks the only exit. He feigns a look of surprise, while carefully plotting out his every word. After gazing out the window for several seconds, Don Falcone walks over and seats himself in a chair across from him. A scare tactic, he wants to intimidate him...so this is serious.

"How did Maroni know where my money was?" he begins, his tone stern.

"W-...well, that's a very good question. Ha...not to criticize but...you could've just called me..." Oswald laughs, trying to lighten the mood.

His smile fades when he realizes that it isn't working, and Don Falcone's expression is just as shrewd as ever, "I'm going to ask you once more. How did Maroni know where I kept my money? No one knew."

Oswald's expression sharpens, as he begins laying the seeds for his plan, "The robbery at the armory? ...that wasn't Maroni-"

"I thought we were friends," Falcone shakes his head, "we had an understanding."

He continues, "You tell me every move Maroni makes...what happened? When did you turn on me?"

"Never! Don Falcone...I swear, never. Maroni had nothing to do with the armory job. I-I would know, I would have told you-"

"Who was it if not Maroni? And how did they know about my money?" Falcone questions.

Just then, the servant opens the door as Liza steps through with a silver tea tray. She stops as Oswald turns around and their eyes meet.

Don Falcone looks up at her and smiles, "Thank you Liza. Won't be long."

"I'll come back," she whispers, before quickly turning around and skirting away.

Oswald grimaces as she leaves. Here's Fish's spy, right under Falcone's nose, and the sentimental old man is too blind to see it.

"I asked you a question," Falcone snaps, turning back Oswald's attention.

Shoot, he probably thought I was staring, Oswald realizes. If he had Fish's new umbrella boy thrown into the river for ogling Trixie, who knows what Falcone would do to him? Ugh...Trixie...don't think about her right now...

"Well, you have a mole obviously...which is not Maroni's forte, is it? No, this is someone else, someone artful...someone close to you."

"I know who you're going to name," Falcone nods, "but your hatred of Fish makes me doubt anything you say against her-"

"With respect," Oswald interrupts, "I don't understand why you still tolerate her existence. She has proved her disloyalty a hundred times. She wants your head."

Don Falcone leans back, smirking, "Like half the people who work for me. Fish makes me a lot of money, I can handle Fish Mooney or whoever son-of-a-bitch did this to me. Tell me how to find the mole."

Oswald takes a breath, "You leave that to me Don Falcone," he looks down, "...dirty work. I'll find your mole for you. Trust me, he'll belong to Fish."

Falcone leans over to Oswald, and places his hand on his, "Bring me proof."

Reaching his hand up, Falcone lightly slaps Oswald's cheek, "And shame for keeping around such a dishonest girl."

Oswald waits for Falcone to lower his hand before replying, "Oh, Trixie? Yes, she'll be dealt with, posthaste."

"Good," Falcone smiles as he leans back in his chair, "...will you kill her?"

He contemplates this for a moment or two, "You know what? ...no, death would be far too forgiving. No...I'd rather see her live...and suffer."