Girl Therapy and More Bloopers

When it's over, I fall to the floor, beaten and in tears. Standing above me, Oswald zips up his pants, "Wasn't that fun?"

The only sound that comes from me is a gurgle as my panting begins to slow. I curl up into a ball on the ground to cover my bare bottom.

Oswald chuckles, as he runs his hand through my hair, and breathes on my neck, "Now...you won't stray again, right? Because you're on my side. You're my little bird."

He kisses me on the cheek, "I'll go run you a hot bath."

I grind my teeth, as my expression turns to a scowl, hidden as I keep my head low, and my hair falls past my face. Tears continue streaming down my face, no matter how many times I wipe them away. I try to get up, but my back, legs, and hips are so strained. Even if I wanted to get up, I don't know if I could.

Oswald walks back into the room and sighs, "You're not going to get into the bath by just sitting there."

I remain motionless on the floor, and eventually he approaches me. Scooping both hands under me, he lifts me up by my back and my knees.

"I won't drop you this time, I promise," he smiles, proud of himself.

He seats me at the foot of the tub, removing the only remaining article of clothing on my body, my undershirt, and discards it on the floor. Grabbing me by my underarms, he hoists me into the tub of water. I bite down on my tongue as the water makes contact with my bruises and open wounds.

My eyes are content to stare into the opaque water as Oswald removes his clothes and steps into the bath. Once in, he immediately pulls me into his arms, holding me tight.

"Aren't you impressed? I can lift you up now. Remember when you came out of the burning hotel, and I tried carrying you home? Psh...I was such a weakling back then, and now look at me. It wasn't even through any sort of exercise, it was about confidence. I had strength in me all along, I was just too much of a pushover to see it."

He looks down at me, as I stare off into space, "...I'm not talking to a wall, am I?"

Leaning back, Oswald examines the darkened wounds on my back, "Oh dear...ha, I went a little overboard, didn't I? But...if wasn't without purpose, now you know. Now you know what happens when you choose the wrong side."

"...a little?" I finally speak. With great pain, I begin inching myself away from him, "I'll do what you ask, just don't touch me."

He grabs my arm, and pulls me back, "No, Trixie, you're missing the entire point here-"

"No, I get it. Just...let me recover in peace," I grumble, crossing my arms.

Oswald wraps his arms around me, nuzzling his head into my cheek, "I love you Trixie."

    "I'll see you tonight," kissing me on the forehead, Oswald waves goodbye as he finally leaves.

I carefully seat myself on the couch, mindful of my back. In my current state, there's no way to express my anger, so I sit, waiting for the pain to wear off. Despite the initial pain, the bath really helped, although I'm still bent out of shape.

The phone on the end table rings. Crawling to the other side of the couch, I pick it up.

"Natalie, it's Barbara. Renee, Crispus, and I are going to meet at Renee's apartment. Think you could meet us there in an hour?" Barbara asks in the usual quiet enthusiasm.

"Yeah, I'll be there," I mumble, before hanging up.

I slowly start to stand, lifting myself at the knee to take the strain off of my back. I have to walk in small steps to avoid any severe pain. God, how am I going to take public transportation like this?