Who She Was..... (1)

I never imagined 10 years could alter my perception of someone I held so much affection for, the way she made me feel just by her presence, the instantaneous smile my face would show just by the sight of those loose blonde locks and blinding blue orbs. I've had no joy sitting here trying to recall the pinnacle point during our 10 years together that she changed, all I can conclude is the changes in her were subtle, so subtle they went unoticed until it became obvious the woman I loved was no longer in sight, she was different, her whole persona altered. Her once intoxicating laughter had turned to toxic traits which in turn have affected the man I am today. I'd love to know what triggered the switch within her, what turned her pure heart to a heavy stone within a ribcage. Why did her lustful touch turn to a scowl?

'Are you ready?!' She yells from the hallway whilst tapping her nails on the side unit impatiently.

'On my way' I reply as I pull myself from my thoughts and paint a smile on my face, not sure who it benefits as she doesn't even lift her head to look in my direction half of the time. I miss that, when our eyes would meet, a surge of electricity would run between us. I could feel it through my bones that we were in love. It feels like a lifetime since I felt that with her but I still, no matter how bad things are love her with every bone in my damn body.

We walk to the car in silence as I close the front door behind me and gesture for her to walk in front,as we approach the car I swiftly pull the door for her as she glides effortlessly into the passenger seat. I stand for a moment, watching as she foxes her dress and places her bag in the foot well, her blonde locks draped either side of her face like a picture frame filled with beauty.

'What? What are you staring at?' she hisses. I don't reply, I simply shut the door and walk to my side of the car. It would be easy for me to reply with something not very nice but I can't, I won't try to match her and hurt her with words or actions. Inside I feel defeated at my lack of standing up for myself but I also don't want to give her an opportunity to argue. I'm sick of this, I want what he had to return and I'm determined to find out what went wrong one way or another.

We are headed to one of our favourite restaurants, it's the place where all of us meet when ever there is a birthday or occasion to be celebrated. It's a small but pricey place with food to die for and the best part is you have to book and be pretty well know to get in so as much as I adore my fans, I adore undisturbed time with my family just as much so this place ticked all the boxes. We first celebrated our engagement here, it was like a dream. Fairy lights, soft music and the glow of thousands of candles. A small intimate setting allowing us to enjoy one another without prying eyes, god that night was one of the best I've had to date.

'I need to run into Adam's on route, he has a few documents I have to sign if that's OK sweetheart' I turn to Jo but she seems to become agitated instantly by this and I know I'm in for a mouth full.

'Fine! I'll wait in the car' she snarls.

'Come in, you haven't seen Adam in so long. He always asks about you' I respond trying to diffuse an argument.

'No, No thank you. I'll wait in the car' is all I get but it's better than having my head handed to me on a plate so I take that and move my hand to hers, rubbing my thumb over her knuckles. Her flinch is hurtful as my skin touches hers but I no longer tale this so hard. Something is going on and I will take as long as I have to in figuring it all out.

I pull up at Adams, he is my agent in the UK and my god the guy likes to show off with his belongings that he earns a decent penny from clients. He's good at what he does but cocky as fuck which can at times be irratating. I pull into the drive of a big, white townhouse, the gates have lion heads either side and the crisp white stones match the paint covering the tall building. Tiny planters line each window full of greenery and the sign on the royal blue front door reads Adam Connely in bold black letters. Who outs their entire name on a door? I mean if that isn't pretentious I don't know what it is. I ding the bell and wait.

'Here he is, my favourite guy' Adam bellows as he opens the door and stands casually grinning. Adams dirty blonde hair is draped over to the side like someone from the only way is essex, clean shaven face and some casual chino and polo shirt ensemble which makes him look like he is off for a game of polo. I smile and nod as he waves me in.

'And where is the lovely little lady?' he asks whilst peering around me.

'In the car mate, we won't be long here will we? As I said I have a family thing to be at' my response seems short but it's Sunday and it's nice to have one day unrelated to work so I want to be in and out. His smirk doesn't fill me with confidence but I'll hurry this along as much as I can.

'Take a seat H' he gestures for me to sit and I feel the tension from the car because this won't be the 5 minute stop by I promised. Adam talks for what seems like forever and I am half listening and half away in my head so only pick up some points, casting, meeting with producers and then some fancy get together at his etc.

'OK mate, where do I sign?' I push so I can get out and back to my plans, I already know in the oit of my stomach that Jo is going to be fuming when I return to the car but she was adament she wasn't coming in. God knows why, if anything I think these days she just likes to be as bloody awkward as she can.

'Right here, then I can get the ball rolling mate' he smirks. I sign the dotted line and stand abruptly with an arm outstretched to shake his hand but instead he grans my shoulder and walks me to the car which makes me nervous.

'So the little lady is still being difficult I assume' his face resembles a smirk but more sinister. Infact his tone and expression makes me uneasy.

'Not at all, we just have plans' I reply in a manner that will surely cut this chat very short. We approach the car and I see Jo squirm in her seat but before I ever reach the drivers side I see Adam swing open the passenger door and grab her hand.

'Jo, why didn't you come in. Luckily I'm not offended easily' he laughs but Jo goes rigid instantly.

'Urm, no. We have plans, infact we're late. Sorry hut we better go' She barely says, more a whisper.

I nod and agree as I start the engine and Adam waves us off his pretentious drive.

'Are you OK?' I ask, noticing how she has turned pale and can't seem to wipe her hand quick enough after Adam embraced her.

'Fine! Just drive so we get there' She barks and just like that my concern turns to pissed off. Another day of this shit, its really taking its toll on me.

When we arrive Jo scurries off in front, making her way to the table my family are seated at. I watch on as I see her greet and hug every person there. Her whole demeanour has changed, they wouldn't even know my life and the love of it was falling apart with this act. Part of me knows this is my Jo, it's not an act but the other half of me wonders what I did to deserve the unloving and grumpy version of her behind closed doors. What did I do to her?