Destination Unknown (Part 3)

Jo's POV -

Our first week in Milos has gone so quick, too quick. Kat and Jack are inseparable, it's cute but I hope she knows about it being a holiday romance as I don't fancy consoling her the entire flight home. Seems that we have naturally become part of their group now spending most of our time together either at the beach or drinking. I have become qymuite the expert on cocktails. Kat is sure Felix has the hots for me but I ignore that, I am not the holiday fling type. He is lovely but so not me. The guys have bee so much fun, they are all really nice, not like I imaged at all. I thought they would be vulgar and loud but quite the opposite. Rough around the edges but all genuine and kind. Zain is sweet, a hopeless romantic but sweet. Valand is all about creativity, any opportunity to grab a camera amd Hero is mellow and laid back.

'What is the plan for today?' I hear them mention whilst we all enjoy breakfast to cure our hangovers. Kat looks to me and I instantly feel everyone turn to stare.

'urm well I am going to explore guys so I am heading off after this. I will meet you all later though' I smile sipping my coffee. Kat doesn't mind, she is happy with Jack but the beach is becoming mundane for me and I really want to see the beauty this place has to offer, along with the architectural aspects. I zone out thinking of the small snippets I have seen so far, this has to be a place full of hidden treasures.

'What're you grinning about?' Hero asks with a questioning look but smirking.

'Nothing really, architecture and buildings. I am that sad, that is where my head wanders to' I laugh. I know it is pretty lame but it's me, its who I am. I can't help but feel slightly on edge when he speaks to me in such close proximity, he leans in and when his breath fans my face I shudder. He does it on purpose I swear. As I finish my coffee and wipe my mouth saying my good byes I grab my bag for my adventure and walk from the restaurant.

'Hold up Jo' it's him. This is a habit he has started. Following me around, not that I mind he is good company but it just seems odd how he delays and waits for me to always leave first before he jogs up behind me asking if he can intrude on my plans.

'This really is becoming a habit Hero, like a stalking tenancy you may have kept hidden up I'm until now' I tease, his face mimics my smirk as he pushes me slightly whilst joining me.

'So I don't need to ask for permission to come along then, since you expect of me?' he jokes and I nod at his statement.

We walk for miles, through hmthe tiny streets of cobbles and white buildings all lined with exotic flowers. We stop for coffee midway through our exploration. Hero never shuts up, he talks more than me but his conversation is interesting and his humour has my stomach aching from laughter. When we reach the outer parts of the island we see white cliffs and tiny pools, the place is empty, hidden away. I knew I would find somewhere that would take my breath away and here it is. We both stand side by side in absolute awe of the beauty this place radiates. Before I open my mouth Hero is running, I turn in fear he is being chased or something is happening where I should be joining him but it's just us here.

When he reaches the cliff edge he drops off it and I scream. Fuck, he just jumped off, straight off without warning. What the fuck. My heart is pounding and I feel panic at the idea he splattered across a rock at the bottom. I freak out as I peer over to see what is at the bottom.

'Jump Jo, I dare you' he shouts from a deep green emerald coloured pool as our eyes meet. Fuck, the relief of seeing him safe overwhelmed me. A tear drips form my eye at the sight.

Calm down Jo, like really why are you crying. Maybe because you thought he would be dead, maybe you don't like the idea of losing him, what the fuck!

'Fuck you Hero, that was so stupid you idiot!' I scream down, I am so angry and confused right now. Why did the idea of him hurt send my body into a frenzy, my mind to mucmsh and my heart hurt. What the hell is that about. As I stand looking down at him swimming around carelessly smiling up at me I feel something stir inside me. I have no idea why or how I manage to do it but I run and throw myself off the cliff. I feel myself floating, I feel weightless and free. Adrenaline pumping through me as I hit the water. I shot up to the surface extremely proud of my daredevil act and mentally pat myself on the back. Hero is staring at me with his mouth wide open and his eyes set on mine.

'What?' I ask amused at his reaction.

'Fuck me Jo, I did not expect you to actually jump. Your nuts, absolutely fucking nuts' he laughs swimming around me in a circle like I am on show. The way his eyes are on me makes me tingle, really tingle. This is odd, I clench my legs tight at the new sensation not fully understanding why my body is acting in such a way.

'Well seems we are both nuts, I guess you don't know me very well' I lie, knowing my actions where completely out of my usual comfort zone. Why the hell did I just do that, now I am coming down from my high I realise how fucking stupid that was. I could have died. Shit. Get a grip Jo, maybe use your brain instead of being someone you are not. We swim around for abit, enjoying the secluded slice of heaven this island has to offer, talking about places we have visited. Well Hero does, I listen slightly jealous I haven't been anywhere and wishing to make up for it now after this trip.

'How about you? Where has been your favourite place Jo?' he asks watching me intently.

'Here. Just here' I admit sheepishly at my lack of experience outside of Perth. He smiles acknowledging my limited adventures. Swimming towards me and treading the cool water in front of me he leans in as he does, making the hairs on my body stand up.

'And what's your favourite part about here' he asks softly. I take in his words and think over a response but before I speak I lunge forward, his eyes widen at my decent and I kiss his lips hard, to hard I think wrapping my arms around his neck aligning our bodies which are still submerged. Hero gasps at my attack but his mouth opens. I freak and pull away.

'I, I am so sorry Hero. I don't know why I did that. Shit, I really am sorry' I repeat my apology as I swim towards the edge to get out and walk back shamefully at my attack in the poor guy. Fuck!

'Jo! Jo! Fucking hell will you slow down woman' he shouts as he tries to catch up with me. I lift myself out and look for an escape, can we even get out of this place. I didn't check before jumping, oh my god. We can't be stuck, please don't say we are stuck. I pace frantically looking for an exit to no avail.

'Jo, stop. Jesus christ you are unpredictable' he gasps whilst brushing my side during my frantic pacing. Unpredictable, is he serious. Wait, actually yeah that does seem fitting after that shit I just pulled. My first kiss and I was basically assaulting him for fuck sake. How embarrassing. After climbing what felt like a fucking mountain we get to the top where this crazy time began. I scan around and still see we are alone as I sit in the cliff edge trying to regain my breath. Hero sits beside me and I feel nothing but foolish, why did I do that.

'Hey' He says softly as I turn to him.

'Look Jo, please don't freak out Iver what happened. I do however need to let you know that I have a girlfriend back home,, Emily' his eyes lower away from mine which I am thankful for. I really feel like an idiot now. I just threw myself at a stranger who has a girlfriend. Fuck my life. I still don't really understand what came over me to do such a thing in the first place. This couldn't get any worse. I decide to own my error in seconds, I did it, I have to face it.

'I am so sorry Hero, I was way out of line doing that. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I was being ridiculous. Oh this is embarrassing' I say defeated at my stupid act.

'Don't be like that, it was a surprise for sure. But please don't feel bad. I should have told you before. I am to blame' he says, his tone is soft, his words gentle on my bruised ego. I turn and throw him a small smile of appreciation for being kind about this.

'How about we forget that happened, please?' I ask whilst standing to my feet and brushing the sand from my backside.

'Sure. I can do that. Now how about we head back and head. I need food after our afternoon of adrenaline' he laughs and I follow quietly behind without another word.