Destination Unknown (Part 5)

Jo's POV -

My last week in Milos has been amazing, I got to spend it getting to know Hero better than I ever thought I would. After we kissed we became Jake and Kat take 2 and were inseparable. We spent our time exploring, going out on day trips and evening a romantic dinner. He really has shown me a softer side to him, I liked him before but seeing his sweet ways and how tentative he is has made me feel something on a whole new level, something deeper. The only thing is this is merely a holiday romance and I have made a point to keep that in mind. We have shared some pretty steamy kisses which could have easily gone further but it hasn't, which I'm glad about. I think.

As I finish up getting ready for our last night out with the guys Kat storms in all flustered.

'I can't do it Jo. How the hell do I enjoy tonight knowing tomorrow we leave. This is bullshit amd Jack well he has alot to answer for here. Making me feel like this, selfish prick!' she screeches whilst slamming down her clothes for tonight on the bed.

'Jack, what has he done?' I am genuinely confused.

'He, well, urm he is just him isn't he. Looking all hot and making me fall like a damn fool for him' she looks annoyed at herself more than Jack and I stifle a giggle at her poor rant bout the guy who has done nothing but feel the same towards her since they met. I am sure he is having just as hard a time with the looming departure. I hope he is, I might ask Hero later just to confirm it for myself before I have 23 hours with a very upset and pissed off best friend. I walk over and hug her tightly trying to give her some sort of comfort whilst battling my own internal gloom over the exact same issue.

'Look, please try to make tonight special. I mean you can see him again' I say, not actually sure that will happen but hope is better than grieve I guess.

'Yeah, I know you're right. Miss Logical thinking. Sorry for my meltdown. Anyway how are you so put together after your week of Hero. I see what's happening Jo and he has to be special since he is your first ever kiss' she says emphasis on the ever bit which makes me cringe slightly. Yes I am 19 and yes I haven't kissed anyone but him. I never felt a need or want to kiss guys. I had a goal, become an architect and nothing would get in the way but here, away from all the pressure and stress it has been different. I have enjoyed every minute with Hero. I will miss him when we leave, not for long I hope. I will just go back to life before him, get my head down, surely that will help me forget the man that is Hero.

Kat forces me to wear her dress, well if you can even call it that and she starts to give me boost as she calls it by painting my face. I love Kat but her need to fix me all the time really pisses me off. As I slide on the black satin dress which just reaches my thighs I sigh trying to stretch it further but to no avail. I walk back towards Kat and her reaction is a picture.

'Holy fuck Jo. I would date you if I were into girls. Hot stuff, Hero is going to die!' she says fanning herself in her usual dramatic style. I burst out laughing mainly due to nerves but I am very flattered. I take a look amd don't really recognise myself, I look sexy and confident in this dress which touches and grabs all the parts I would want Hero to see. My stomach flutters at the vixen reflecting back and I turn to Kat with a wicked grin. She looks stunning in her white two piece and deep blue heels, classy and sexy in one style. She always pulls off any outfit which sometimes irks me at her ability to look good in anything.

When we reach the restaurant for our usual meet up with the guys I hear them gasp as we approach and I instantly panic. Kat grabs my hand and whispers to me 'that my dear is shock but the good kind. Now own it and knock him dead' her words fill my ears and I find myself tilting my head high and swaying my ass like never before. Hero practically jumps to his feet and rushes over to me smiling the biggest grin, his eyes following my swaying movements and it makes me tingle with excitement.