Netflix And Chill (3)

'Bro, some chick was blowing up your phone' Ollie says as he passes me the handset with a confused expression, matching my own I think. I quickly scroll the received calls and see Jo called. Fuck! Of all the times to call me she picked now, I'm fucking relieved and pissed at the same time. A week she kept me in the dark, a whole week without so much as returning a text or call. My heart rate quickens as I head out the back to get some air, I wish I hadn't come here. I should have stayed at home, I wouldn't have missed her call if I had stuck to my original plan of moping around like the tosser I am. I light a cigarette as I pace the garden thinking of what the hell to say to her.

All week I have tried to call her, each time getting no dial tone. I knew she blocked me. I was going out of my bloody mind. I know Jo to well, she wouldn't even check Instagram for a message so it was pointless sending one. I must have texted atleast 50 times aswell as calling repeatedly. I knew she was upset at what I had done, all I wanted to do was try to make things right between us but she froze me out. She wouldn't even let me try to explain or redeem myself, that shit hurt. The fact she cut me off so easily was fucking frustrating. I can't just drive to her house and talk it out, I am the other side of the world. Distance is a pain in the ass when it comes to stuff like this, but I honestly thought she would hear me out.

As I take the last drag of my cigarette and discard of the nub I call her number, I need to make this right. God knows what she is thinking after that dumbass Ollie picked up. Tonight has been dull as fuck, the guys playing Fifa whilst we have a few cans not a party but not quiet either. Nothing major but that lot are loud as fuck. I wanted to leave an hour ago but they talked me into staying as they always do. The call goes straight to voicemail. Fuck! This is going round in circles. I need to speak to her before this gets any more out of hand. I scroll my phone and pull up Shane's number. I need her to hear me out, she can't keep ignoring me like this.

'Hey Hero, what's up. Long time no speak man' Shane answers in his usual cherry tone. I liked this guy as soon as I met him, he was cool.

'Shane, sorry. You know how it is, life went back to normal when I got home. Listen, I need your help with something. Short version is I fucked up, I upset Jo and she blocked my calls. I need to speak to her though, can you call her. Ask her to ring me please?' I plead, trying not to divulge what I did. Jo and I had been pretty quiet about this whole thing but I trust Shane.

'Urm, sure. I can try but if she won't I can't help man. I'll call her now and see what she has to say' he replies, his tone isn't off but I can't tell he is worried for Jo more than he is for me. They were close during filming.

'Thanks man, I owe you' I state as he hangs up. I hope she listens to him, I really need to speak with her. This silence shit is driving me crazy and I fucking miss her. I miss her more than I would ever tell her. I need to make this right. After a few minutes,y phone buzzes and Shane lights up the screen.

'Hey, what she say?' I ask hopeful.

'Nothing man, I got her voicemail so I left a message for her to call me. Look I don't want to pry but if you hurt her you know that's not OK with me don't you Hero. I mean she's my friend, I hope you didn' t do something bad' he replies.

'I said something I shouldn't have, something dumb. I just want to apologise Shane. I don't want to upset her but I need to talk to her if I have any chance of fixing this. Thanks for trying bro. I'll catch you later' I hang up, defeated that once again I have to wait. Wait for her to call. This is a nightmare. I decide to go home, my head just isn't in this gathering. Why did I act like such a dick. Things were going great before I opened my big mouth. Thing is my mates aren't even dickhead's, I had no reason to lie to them. I did this, this is all on me. I can't blame anyone for my mouth letting me down. I say my goodbyes and walk the short distance home, checking my phone continuously hoping she calls.

When I get home I grab a beer, slouch on the sofa and flick through the channels. Nothing is helping with my mood, before I know it I have fallen asleep and wake to the sound of my ringtone. I scramble around for my phone and see her name. Quickly rubbing my eyes and answering the call.

'Jo, thank fuck. Look' she cuts me off before giving me a chance to speak.

'No Hero, you look! Well listen since this is just a call no more facetime for us. I don't need to drag this out and you got over it quickly so let's just agree to professional from now on. You do you and I do me. I'm over it, I had a great night, met a great a guy so we can just forget what you did. OK?' she slurs, she's drunk. I want to yell but right now that won't help.

' Jo, what the hell. You met someone?' I say as I feel myself sinking back into the couch, this isn't how I expected this talk to go.

'Yes, just like you did Hero. I won't sit around and wait like some dumb ass. I called and whoever answered told me you was otherwise engaged so I took a leaf out of your book and did the same' her tone is mocking, trying to portray my accent.

'Jo what are you talking about. I haven't moved on, its been a week. One fucking week. Do you even know how stupid this sounds' I say harshly hoping she talks abit more sense if she knows I'm getting angry.

'Excuse me! So not only do you lie about me, now I'm stupid. You're a prick, you know that right?' I hear her laughing whilst only fuels my frustration.

'I swear I haven't moved on, I haven't even been near a woman. I want us to work this out for fuck sake. Why the hell would I mess up again after what I did. I was Jack's playing Fifa with the guys. When you called I had nipped to the shop with Felix for more beers Jo. I know you don't trust me but I'm not lying. I fucked up, I said that shit and I don't even know why but I'm sorry, really sorry' I say, rushed but honestly.

'What? Yes you were Hero. He said otherwise engaged like you was entertaining someone' her tone is softer, is she realising I didn't do anything. I fucking hope so.

'I don't know why he said that, he was being an ass I guess. It happens, room full of guys acting like idiots it's our thing but I haven't done anything. I want to fix what I did with you, no one else. I' ve been a mess for a week now waiting to talk to you. I miss you' I reply, I have to clutch at straws whilst she gives me the time of day but I haven't forgot what she said about meeting someone.

'Hero I, I just put two and two together. I went out tonight with Elle. We got drunk and I kissed someone at the club. I was so mad at you. I still am but I thought you didn't care anymore' seems we both fucked up. I want to be pissed off and end the call but I know I deserved this in some twisted sense. I hurt her and by doing so I hurt myself in the process. I swallow my pride as I reply.

'Do you like the guy?' I sit tapping my knee anxiously as I wait for her to answer.

'Honestly, not really. I don't kiss random guys but I wanted to forget you. Easier said than done though. What you did was wrong Hero, lying like that. I hated seeing a side to you I didn't know about but what I did hasn't helped and for that I apologise' her words sink in along with a relief that we can maybe talk this through, resolve it without either of us jumping to the wrong conclusion. We both sit silent on the phone for what seems like ages but I see it's only a minute when I check the call is still connected.

'What happens now Jo. I'm not ready to give up on us. I want this week to fuck off, to forget the shit' I say gently.

'Maybe we use this as a lesson. Distance is hard enough but cutting you off was harder. I don't want to fight with you Hero' she replies,, for the first time in a week a smile crosses my lips and I can breathe without the underlying panic I've had since last Sunday.

'Distance means nothing if we both want the same ending baby' I whisper back down the line. After a lot of persuasion she agrees to facetime, I need to see her. When the screen fills with her I smile a massive grin to which she returns.

'I really missed you Jo. Can I have our Sundays back please. I won't fuck up again if you promise not to kiss guys in clubs' I tease, her cheeks turning slightly pink at my words.

'Deal but no more movies. Let's not waste anymore time. Its you I want to see not some dumb romvom from your suggestion list' she smirks.

'Touché baby' I return as I stare into the handset at those grey blue eyes I've longed to see. Who knew two wrongs could make a right afterall.

Authors Note:
Hey Loves, this one is short but sweet. I hope you all like the ending after the drama these two cause ❤️