Deployed With Purpose (5)

6 Months Later.....

I don't think life could be any sweeter than it is right now. My time with Josephine has been nothing but perfect, some may say to perfect but how is that even possible. Living together has gone smoothly, we bicker but are yet to argue. My days working with my Cousin have been magic, I love that everyday is different. I love creating beautiful wooden structures, allowing my hands to path the way to the end result. My latest creation outside of work has been a jewellery box for Jo, my intention is to surprise her with a beautiful diamond engagement ring inside when I finally finish it. I can't wait to ask her to be my wife, who knew I could be so romantic. With her it happens naturally, I want to make her smile everyday we have have together, her favourite gestures are the simple ones such as small bouquets of wild flowers that match her beautiful scent, her eyes light up when I surprise her with the paper wrapped flowers. She loves how they are tied with string, nothing fancy but her reeaction genuinely makes my heart swell.

'What are you doing babe?' Jo asks as she swiftly passes me on route to the washing machine. I'm sat at the kitchen table with an array of cards in front of me, lay out and turned over. At first I thought this was stupid, infact I was pissed when Jo came up with various memory games for me to try but now I see results I can't help but thank her for paying such an interest in helping me and my lack of memory. Jo never seizes to surprise me, her caring ways are always positive and have impacted my ability to remember things greatly.

'I'm playing snap, one player game to late to join in i'm afriad' I tease in response as she flashes me a grin whilst loading the machine. She knows what I'm doing but I don't complain as she slides over and places herself on my lap messing with my cards.

'How is it going baby, did you win' she whispers seductively into my ear and I feel me groin shift at the close contact she makes with my earlobe. Fuck, this woman has the ability to make my whole body crave her, even close by I feel like a man starved at times. Needing and wanting her touch and affections. I lean in closer to her neck kissing her softly, making my way to her ear and growling my response in a low husky voice.

'I'm about to win, then I shall claim my prize' I purr into her ear which encourages a giggle from her as she presses her thighs together tightly trying to discourage my hand from sliding from her hips to her sweet spot.

'Hero, your so.... smug. You know what you do to me but baby I need to tell you something before you distract me with your hands pawing all over my body' she smiles, her eyes slightly wide and her pupil's blown out making her eyes a dark shade of blue. I cock my head sideways to look at her, nodding for her to continue.

'I'm late' she smiles.

'You're always late, I don't know how. You don't need all that make up shit baby, you could go out like this and still be the most beautiful woman in this world but don't worry I'll drive and get you where you need to be baby' I smile in return, expecting her to jump from my lap to go get ready. Instead she shakes her head and a small laugh escapes her lips.

'No, I'm really late' she says, watching me intently.

'Okay...... well hurry up then, I'll start the car. I can get you there as quick as I can baby. Traffic should be quiet' I offer as I pull her to her feet from my lap and stand eyeing the worktops for my car keys.

'Oh my days Hero Fiennes-Tiffin, for a smart man you really are making this difficult. My period, I'm a month late!' she smiles but her voice is slightly louder as she throws her arms in the air slightly exasperated at my lack of understanding. I stand still, looking her up and down, my eyes focusing on her stomach then her eyes, then back to her stomach. My thoughts are a crazed whirlwind in my head but my heart leads me straight to her, my hand instinctively holds her stomach as our eyes meet and I lock my gaze to hers.