Exchange Student (Part 2)

6 Months Later

Not sure what's going on lately but my agent seems to be calling me every other day with casting opportunities. Don't get me wrong I'm buzzing, since starting to do a bit of modelling it seems to have got my face out there resulting in more work coming my way on the acting side. Not enough that I can quit my job in catering but it's a step in the right direction.

I throw on some clothes in a hurry and make my way down to the park to meet the lads for a game of footie. Just a friendly between us and some others, it's a bright day in London so I opt for shorts and a T shirt. As I head along the street I do my usual scroll of insta, nothing that exciting happening really. A few stories, few likes here and there. When I get to the park I spot my guys and bound over to find Morgz, Felix, Valand, Ollie, Jack and Ham. I sit in the grass beside them and Morgz hands me a beer. Before long a few others join us to watch our game, Tilly, Alex and Gia. I say hello and grab my beer rearing to go and play some football.

'Hero!' Tilly shouts and waves for me to go back to where she is sat. I kinda get the impression she likes me so I try not to give her any impression it's mutual.

'What's up?' I ask flatly.

'So you know my friend Jo?' Fuck, where is she going with this. Of course I know Jo I think as I pad over to her, I haven't stopped thinking about her since we met. Infact I hadn't even hooked up with another girl
since that meeting. I nod to acknowledge her question.

'She is back in London, did you know?' she smiles pleased with herself that she knew before me, which she would as I have no contact with Jo. I play it off like I don't care and return to the field. When my back is to her I smile like an imbecile at the idea the blonde Aussie is back on my home turf. I won't give Tilly the satisfaction of gossiping though so no way will I be asking her about it. I will just keep an eye on her Instagram for another chance meeting with the girl who got to know me, the real me within hours. The way she soaked in my words with interest and enjoyed learning the details of my life did something to me that night. It gave me a glimpse of why people fall for others, it's the same things they give you back like she did for me.

'Hey H, get your head in the fucking game, showing us up like fools here bruv' Morgz shouts as I pull my head out my ass and start to play. Pushing all thoughts off Jo to the side for now. When we finish up I am fucked, I ran more than normal because my game was off. I down a beer with the guys and head home. I need to shower, I am a sweaty mess. Plus I have some work to do learning pines for a small part I got in an upcoming TV drama. I don't tell the guys about it until it airs, there piss taking keeps me grounded but sometimes I can do without it.

Monday, I hate Mondays but today is different. No work just a meeting with my agent. I get up and do my usual shit, shower and shave routine. I opt for smart casual today since we are meeting for lunch. I walk to the restaurant which is about 30 mi utes away, listening to tunes on route. I couldn't live without my music, I'd go insane. Before. I know it I am there and he is waiting out front for me. After a quick hand shake he leads me into the restaurant ordering us both a beer, unusual choice. Never seen him drink.

'I have good news for you Hero. I got a call earlier and I have a meeting for you in 2 hours. Are you free this afternoon?' he asks.

'Yes, I mean I can be. What's it for?' I'm thrown off by the short notice but I'll go if it means work coming my way.

'A lead role, they need a tall, skinny, londoner and well you fit the bill. They also want someone who can convey dark emotions well, again you fit the bill for moody' he laughs, obviously referring to Tom riddle that I played 10 years ago. I laugh along with him but not really amused. A lead part sounds good though. He tells me more about the role over lunch and by the time we finish I feel more prepared for the shock meeting. He offers to take me along and wait whilst I have a chat with the director and author. As we pull in I feel my nerves get the better of me but take a deep breath and shake it off best I can.

When we enter the rehearsal room I notice a desk with two woman sat side by side, along with a chair placed in front of the desk. As I walk up I show them a small smile and the blonde lady jumps to her feet and pounces on me as I approach.

'Oh. My. God. It' s him, in my mind this is Hardin. Jenny, I can't belive we found him' the lady whom is called Jenny smiles at me and answers with a nod to blondie who let's me go and apologises for her outburst. I don't mind, I'm surprised but not offended. She gestures for me to take a seat and starts to talk through the concept of Hardin. He sounds fucked up really, but very intriguing. I like characters with depth, the idea of playing them allows me to be whoever the hell I want to be. Returning to myself at the end of the day. It's an odd way to spend your days, pretending to be someone else but thrills me all the same. After an hour or so they seem happy to offer me the part and I throw my head back in relief. My first lead role. Fuck this is crazy good.

'Hero, if you hang on for 5 minutes you can meet the other lead. Tessa?' I nod in agreement and head over to my agent sat outside to tell him the news. He literally jumps for joy. Prick, did he think I wouldn't manage it I silently cuss him out. As I return to Anna and Jenny chatting over when filming will start I hear a quiet cough and turn to see who has joined us.

When I swing round on the chair I about have a fucking heart attack at the Aussie Blonde walking towards me. Before I can stop it I am flat on my back, legs sprawled out in the air as my chair hits the ground. Smooth Hero, really fucking smooth. Anna gasps and runs round to help me but I'm up in seconds trying to hide my embarrassment. Fucking hell!

'Hero this is Jo, she is playing Tessa. Jo has only been in a London a month but thank god because otherwise we wouldn't have found her' she gushes pulling Jo closer.

'Hi Hero' Jo smirks, pretending we haven't met and I find myself smiling back like a goofball. I can't belive this is happening, What the fuck are the chances.

As we both take a seat still staring at each other I notice Jenny and Anna look confused so I pull my gaze from Jo and look head in as they talk through the plans and dates to commence filming. Lucky it is all written out in contracts because I am not even in the room right now, I am floating about like the smuggest bastard on two legs. Not only do I get to see Jo again, I am going to be filming a love story with her. Fuck me I love being me right now. When Anna and Jenny finish up they give us each their cards. I stand and turn to leave when Jo tugs at my arm.

'What's the odds of this' she smiles following beside me.

'I know, who knew you was some crazy stalker hey Jo, following me around town' I laugh and she knocks into my side giggling. When we exit my agent jumps to his feet and offers me a lift back. I mull it over and remember I have to be at my Mom's for 5 so I take him up in the offer. Fucking hell!

'See you soon Josephine' I smile as I walk away.

'See you soon Hero' she waves and turns in the opposite direction.

I glance to watch her leave, this time I'm not pissed off by it, I will be seeing her very soon.