Flashing Lights (Part 2)

FLASHBACK - ONE YEAR AGO

Stop the fucking car you bastard moron! You're going to kill us at this rate. I shouted as loud as I could to the chauffeur but he wouldn't acknowledge me.

Jo is crying, sobs escaping along with screaming gasps. She wants me to calm down after that shit the paps just pulled, chasing us down the motorway like frenzied animals looking for a meal but I can't. I told the driver to step on it but when the last scooter disappeared I thought he would slow down. He didn't he kept going way above the speed limit, weaving in and out of traffic and for the first time in my life I was scared not only for myself but for Jo.

We lost them, fucking hell. Why are you still driving like a lunatic. Stop this car now or so help me god I will rip your fucking head clean of your shoulders. I grip his collar through the slide window parting us.

I am trying to get away from them Hero, keeping you and Miss Langford safe I will stop shor.......

Everything went black.

When I woke up in hospital I felt like I had been crushed from head to toe. The pain in my body was immense and consuming. I peered around the empty room trying to gauge if I was alive or dead, the pain being the only clue to my jumbled thoughts. As I tried to pull myself up off the bed alarms sounded and a nurse came in with a pissed off expression at my outburst.

Please Mr Tiffin, just stay calm. You are at the hospital. You have been in a seduced coma for 5 days to allow the swelling on yiru brain to settle. You can't afford to cause yourself stress. I will explain if you will remain calm.

Jo! Where the fuck is Jo I shouted, my fists clenching.

Miss Langford is up the hall. She is alive. Please calm down and I can then take you to see her.

I instantly calmed at the words, thank fuck my girl was OK. I wouldn't have lived if she hadn't survived. I ask for information on what happened, maybe then I can calm down by filling in the blank spots.

Mr Tiffin, yourself, Miss Langford and the driver collided during a car journey. You where brought in with severe injuries. The driver unfortunately did not survive. As far as I am aware the collision was due to his error and when you hit the tunnel wall another vehicle hit you on the passenger side of the vehicle causing Miss Langford to be, well to be located 30 yards away from the vehicle. The driver died on impact and due to you not wearing a seat belt you had a severe injury to your head and numerous breakages.

I sit silent at the picture she just painted for me. Jo was found 30 yards from the vehicle what the fuck! I need to see her now!y heart is about to burst out my chest at the rage I feel. That fucking driver, I don't care that he died. He caused all of this. He wouldn't listen. I did grab him though so did he cause it or did I?

The nurse aids me into a wheelchair and takes me a few doors along where I see my girl laying lifeless in the room surrounded by monitors and wires. I look to her and ask what injuries she has before I go in further.

Mr Tiffin, Jo is sleeping just now but we haven't yet explained the extent of her injuries to her. We were waiting for you to be present. She will need alot of support and comfort once the doctor explains, we did not want to that without anyone being with her.

What are they! I demanded.

She looks at me regretfully and as she speaks the words my inside collapse. My poor girl, my beautiful, talented, kind girl.

I am so sorry Mr Tiffin. I will call the doctor and ask him to join you in a few moments. Please when she wakes do not disclose the information I have just given you. I nod to agree trying to hold back the tears forming in my eyes.