Suited And Booted (Part 2)

When I wake, I follow my usual morning routine of a quick workout, shower, coffee, once suited and booted I head out towards my driver. As we zip through the busy traffic I scroll through my emails. I love technology but fuck me if it doesn't consume you. I never have this phone out of my hand, it both irks me and pleases me. Pisses me off that my life revolves solely around this tiny screen but pleases me that the orders are flowing in and making my pockets heavy.

Funny thing about life though, you think you know what you want. You plan early on how you think you will be at 20, 30 damn even 40 but when you start to live and make a path for yourself it never quite works out how your adolescent plans would make you believe. Don't get me wrong, I'm a lucky bastard. I have a successful career and now own FT Designs but something is missing, I don't know what as I have the life many would be jealous of. I live in a fine apartment, I am my own boss, I have more money than I need, I have loving family and close friends, I can and do fuck most females that cross my path but sat alone in my place at night there is always this niggling feeling that I am missing out on something bigger. I don't know what but I'll figure it out at some point I guess.

When I arrive at the office and do my usual walk round everything seems to be in order, everything apart from the pretty blonde who is always seated outside my office. Where is she? I have a glance around the lobby but see no sign of her or those legs I often watch leaving my office. The only sight subsiding my curious thoughts on her where abouts is the hot coffee steam I see pouring from the cup on her desk. I decide to get on with some work instead of placing a missing person ad for Jo. She'll turn up I'm sure. After twenty minutes or so I buzz the intercom on her desk, nothing. I buzz again, still no answer. What the fuck! Why am I paying her to not be here, that's not how this works. I storm out of the office and scan the floor up and down. Where the hell is she. I walk along to design and scan the rooms.

'Hero, everything OK?' Pablo asks, he's my head designer. Good guy but nosey as fuck.

'Have you seen Jo?' I ask sharply.

'Yes, she went down to the boiler room with the engineer a while back. He had some more work to do from yesterday' he shrugs returning to his station with flaring arms at the materials being given to him.

I walk along the corridor, down the stairs and see the boiler room door ajar. I don't know why but I sneak up to the entrance, cautious not to make a sound. As I peer through the small gap I see Jo and some guy in overalls. She has her back to me and is pressed up against a huge pipe that goes from the ceiling to the floor. She isn't saying anything but he is. It's loud in there with hums from the heating system but I lean in to listen. My fist are clenched, I am severely pissed off that my employee is hanging out down here with him rather than sat on my desk, I mean at her desk. Fuck! She should be at her desk not mine. I shake the thought as I continue to listen.

'Listen sweetheart, you gave me the eyes yesterday and you sure as hell seemed happy to lead me down here today so why are you acting all shy now' he sneers, I watch as his arm lifts and his fat hand is gripped on her wrist. My blood is pumping through my body, like a ticking bomb is about to go off and blow everyone and everything up in close proximity.

'No, I assure you I did not and as for this. You asked me to show you the way incase you got lost. Now excuse me, I have to leave so let go off my fucking wrist' she hisses but her voice is tinged with fear. I hear her strong demand crack at the end. Without another thought I barge in the door and head straight to the fucking sleeze clutching my girl. Fuck I mean my assistant!

Without a word I grab the slimey fucker by the collar and push him to the wall behind him, his face drops from a snakey grin to a shitting his pants type look. I stare intently as I lean into him still gripping his attire.

'If I saw correctly you just assaulted my assistant and that does not sit well with me you piece of shit, infact that makes my blood fucking boil. How about I touch you without your consent, how about my fist connects with your head and punches some fucking sense into your obvious underdeveloped brain. Would you like that?' I spit directly into his face.

'No, look man I... Urm I got the wrong idea here' he stammers, looking around me to Jo 'I'm sorry miss, my mistake. Won't happen again. I will finish up and leave' he continues whilst searching my face to which I glare intently. I feel a soft tap on my shoulder and turn to see Jo's eyes pleading me to leave, to stop and take her from this disgusting excuse of a man. I let him go and turn placing my hand on her back and leading her out of the room.

'Finish and leave. You have 30 minutes you fucking scumbag' I state as closing the door to the room harbouring the pathetic specimen I just encountered.

We walk in silence as we descend back to my office. I don't know what or why I felt so much anger. I mean any decent human would help of course but this isn't just helping out this is pure rage flowing through my body. I wanted to rip his head from his shoulders, I still do now. I breathe calmly trying to stop the blood pumping through my body like a tsunami. As we reach the office Jo sits at her desk, she seems OK. Not crying or a gibbering wreck like I thought she would be. I turn to enter my office.

'Hero. Thank you. I appreciate that you intervened' she says a soft smile grazing her lips. She is still put together, not at all like the vunerable girl I saw downstairs. The way she is making this seem insignificant surprises me but I nod at her words and return to my office. The day passes quickly, I have quite a few conference calls with suppliers that take up most of my afternoon. When I see it's 5.30pm I wander into the hall and see Jo tapping away on her keyboard. She looks up and nods to acknowledge me but doesn't say a word.

'Finish up Jo and go home. I don't need anything else this evening' I say whilst staring at the quick pace at which she types.

'Will do, I am just waiting for my lift' she replies. Her lift? I thought she drove, well I assumed. I actually don't know anything about her. I don't know why but I suddenly get the urge to pry.

'Lift for what?' I ask hoping not to appear to interested. She tips her head up peering over her screen.

'Just dinner with a friend' she says and carries on. As I turn to leave I see someone walking towards us, he is tall, medium build with jet black hair. Casual but smart attire and trainers. I stare as the figure gets closer. He see's me and looks past me to Jo.

'Hi, sorry I'm late. You ready?' he says as I look on at the exchange.

'Sure am' she says grabbing her bag from the desk. 'See you tomorrow Hero' she glances at me as she leaves with some fuck nut with no manners to introduce himself. How rude I think, but really I don't know why it has even bothered me. He looked like a fucking idiot. Puffed up prick shall be his name for now.

I go back into my office, scanning the sidewalk as I watch them leave the building. He has his arm draped over her shoulders and she is laughing at whatever the prick is saying. I roll my eyes as I watch on at the cosy way they look together. Fucking prick. Jo is my assistant, my assistant I chant internally. I don't do jealous, never had to be when you fuck and leave the women you meet but I think this is pretty damn close to what the emotion of jealousy would feel like. The remainder of my night is shit, I can't stop my thoughts going to her. What is she doing? Where is she? Who is he to her?

After too long thinking about it I opt for a shower and sleep. I am acting like her fucking keeper, and that I am not. I am her boss!