Emerald Eyes Or Monster In Disguise (7)

Eight Months Later....

I'm not bitching, I'm trying my hardest to be the man Jo needs right now but I swear someone has replaced my beautiful, sweet girl with some demonic soul taker. Jo has done all the hard work carrying our baby girl for the past 9 months, doing an amazing job keeping her safe. I've only been able to aid her with simple things like foot rubs and showering her with all the love my body has to give but this, well this is something else. The language from her mouth would turn me on any other time but she's gripping my hand so tight I can feel my fingers snapping under her grasp which is making it impossible for me to think of this positively. Who knew Jo was so strong. Fuck, I'll need medical attention after this, I swear.

'Baby, you're doing amazing. Breathe, it will be over soon. Our baby girl will be worth all of this' I say as softly as I can whilst I wince from the pain shooting up my arm.

'Don't patronise me! You did this, you caused this Hero. Fuck you for being so..... So argh I don't know but for getting me pregnant' she hisses as another contraction courses her tired body.

'I know I did baby but we have the best to come, just wait until you see her nothing else will matter. Just squeeze my hand. You know I'll do whatever you need right now' I reply, trying to ignore her anger, I know she doesn't mean anything she says right now. Atleast I hope not.

Before Jo has chance to say anything in response, the midwife enters the room and does some checks down there, I want to look but Jo would rip my head from my shoulders. She warned me to stay up here beside her, telling me I wouldn't think of her the same if I saw the business end. I can't help but laugh, doesn't she know I love her more than anything this world has to offer, nothing could ever change the way I feel about her, not even a replica of the shit she made me watch before, although if I am honest it was rather horrific to see what does happen. She insisted we watched multiple birth videos to be as prepared as humanly possible. I scrunched my eyes shut as this poor women pushed with all their might but this is different, this is my girl and my baby. I want to experience everything I can during this time. I can't miss a moment of the wonderful sight of my two loves together after waiting all this time to meet our joint miracle creation.

'OK Jo, it's time. I'm gonna need a big push from you OK sweetheart. Take a deep breathe and push from your bottom' says Nancy the midwife with a caring smile.

'Push from my ass, what the hell?' Jo snarls as she inhales a deep breath. I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it, I know Jo well enough to know she is worried about shitting herself. We saw that happen in the videos but as long as she and our baby are OK I couldn't give a hoot if that happens.

'Baby, you got this. Come on, I'm here every step. Let's meet our miracle' I whisper as I stand with my arms wrapped around her shoulders. I plant a light kiss on her forehead and her eyes meet mine, full of love and warmth.

'OK, here goes' she replies as I watch her push with all her might. Her scream is loud as she is encouraged to go again by the midwife, I watch on in awe of my beautiful girl bringing life into the world. How could I ever not love this woman for bringing me the greatest gift life has to offer. After what feels like only minutes, I see Jo exhausted as she does this over and over. I wish I could help more than I am.

'Okay sweetheart, thats the tough bit now one more push and you can meet your little one' Nancy smiles as she peers down inbetween Jo's thighs. I tiptoe hoping to see but I'm to far away.

'Come on baby, you got this' I encourage. My heart is racing, my blood pumping with nerves as I await the most magical meeting of my life.

'Jo, you did it! You have a beautiful baby girl' Nancy announces.