Lights, Camera, Attraction

'Jo I need your help! I double booked a shoot. I don't know how I managed to fuck up so monumently but I did so I need you to save my ass. Please. You are the only person I trust with my name. You won't let me down I just know it, please say yes. Please?' Demi pleads down the line, her voice breaking with panic.

I spent my college days with Demi, we met the first day of our photography course and clicked instantly (no pun intended), since finishing up and gaining our qualifications we've both headed in different directions. She chose to photograph the rich and famous, having a direct path into that line of work with succesful family already in the business, which helped boost her name but her dedicated work ethic and beautiful photographs ensured her schedule filled quickly. I'm so pleased for her, she worked her ass off and is reaping the rewards now. By working her ass off I mean she partied with the right people and dropped her business cards anywhere she could, that side of her work I was slightly jealous of but once you see the art she creates you wouldn't say no to her. I chose landscapes and scenery, I love travelling, exploring new places and cultures. This enables me to do so. I pack a bag, grab my camera and off I go for weeks and months at a time. I also like the freedom, I dont have to be anywhere at a certain time because it is the exquisite, wonderful places hidden in the world that I photograph not people.

I only got home last night, Demi and I have a quarterly reunion without fail to keep up with our friendship which consists of way to many cocktails, photo albums and more take out food than we can eat. I love those nights. We have the best memories from college and laugh for hours about all the shit we pulled during our time together. She is such a bad influence but pulled me out of my shell, my personality really came through with Demi as my friend, I adopted some of her traits from all the time we spent together making me a more confident version of myself, actually I maybe took it to far embracing my inner self as I often come off as rude and sarcastic. Luckily I tend to be alone travelling so I don't piss off to many people with my mouth and presence.

'Jo! Are you there?' she squeaks. Shit, I completely zoned out for a moment.

'Urm I don't know Demi, I mean I don't do people you know that. Isn't there anyone else?' I ask, apprehensive at the idea of doing a glam shoot. It really isn't my thing, it's all airbrushing and pompous. I can't deal with the diva's stomping around starving themselves for the past week so they fit into a size 0 for a few photo's. If I do this I will take a Big Mac meal with me just to piss them off.

'I need you. I don't trust anyone else with this project plus it is very well paid and I will give you 60% aswell as expenses. How can you refuse that?' she has resorted to bribery which is swaying me. I could use a boost in my bank account. The down side of photographing landscapes is they don't pay you for your work. I tend to sell my art later down the line to magazines or anyone whom falls in love with scenes that capture my heart.

'OK. Fuck sake Demi. You owe me for this. If it goes wrong or I break a model I will not be held responsible' I laugh but I'm silently pissed that she managed to talk me into this.  She jumps straight to business giving me the details, location, vision and spec for the job. This sounds lame. Moody Glam is all I can think from her brief. After giving me all the information and strict instructions on what not to do at the set, I say goodbye. I scan over my notes and take it all in trying to prepare in advance.

Demi DO'S
The Carlton, Regent Street - 8.45am
Contact - Eliza (Meet at reception)
Theme - Dark, Moody, Sexy, Intriguing, Black and White.
Models - 1 Male
Clothing Provided, no props required, head and body shots x 70 images

Demi DONT'S
Don't speak to the head of design, he's a dick (Carter).
Don't eat junk food on set!!!

Fuck she was on the ball, she knows my thoughts where models are concerned. No Big Mac for me then, they better have food otherwise I will become a shadow of my former self during this long ass day ahead of me. One thing I enjoy is eating and I love the curves on my body too. I decide to get my bag ready for tomorrow, piling in my camera, Film reels and some extras just incase. I love my old school technique, not posh over priced camera for me. I love the sound of the reel as I wind up my camera, its authentic and classy.

I spend the rest of the evening unpacking from my latest adventure in Peru and soak myself in the tub with a glass of citrus gin. I am not looking forward to tomorrow at all but for now I push that to the back of my mind and unwind surrounded by bubbles and the sounds of Alessia Cara.

6.00am my alarm sounds and I know better than to snooze. Get your ass up Josephine. Since today is about Demi I opt for smart clothing rather than my usual torn jeans and loose Tee's. Grabbing some black pants, black t shirt and black converse, ironically looking like I am heading to a funeral, I can't picture today being much more fun than that so maybe this is fitting after all. I don't drive but I checked the tube last night so I have a route and times in advance. Daisy would freak if I'm late. I grab my bag and head down the hallway from my apartment, stopping for a coffee to accompany me on my journey and a flapjack for good measure. Girls gotta eat. When I get to the city centre I walk the short distance and arrive at the Carlton by 8.30am, patting myself on the back for my prompt arrival.

'Hi, I am here to see Eliza for the shoot. My name is'

'Yes. Your name is Josephine Langford. We are aware. I will call Eliza down to meet you. Please take a seat' says the snotty receptionist as she scans me up and down. What a bitch.

I take a seat and finish my coffee when I see a slim, very tall brunette lady approaching. She is stunning, her features are soft but her make up is bright and bold. Her smile puts me at ease, I'm glad she isn't showing the same unpleasant look like her behind the desk.

'Hi, I'm Eliza. Do you prefer Josephine or Jo?' she asks reaching out a hand to mine.

'Jo is fine. Thanks for meeting me. Demi gave me the brief and I have all that I need with me' I reply, I'm nervous but she is making me feel better as the seconds pass. She has a calm way about her, not at all what I expected.

'Lovely, well nice to meet you Jo. Demi sang your praises over the call to update us on the last minute changes. Hero is already here, currently in make up so as soon as you are ready we can get started. Do you have any questions for me? She asks whilst leading me up the hall to a room at the end with a sign showing do not disturb on the door.

'Hero?' I ask unsure if this is code for something.

'Yes, he is our model. Lovely guy, quite new to modelling but has a lovely profile and fits this brief perfectly' she states, opening the door and leading me into the room which is nearly empty apart from a white screen that is set up, some lighting boxes and a stool. The far corner has a pop up tent type thing which I assume is the changing station and there is a guy wandering around whilst shouting into his mobile, I roll my eyes internally that must be Carter.

Eliza leads me to a small table and let's me set up, I grab the camera and start to wind the film when I spot a tall, athletic built guy walk towards me wearing nothing but a robe. I swear he is walking in slow motion, it looks and feels like time is going slowly. I shake my head and try to regain some sense instead of staring at the beautiful green eyed guy heading my way. Fuck! I guess this is Hero, he is not what I expected much like Eliza.

Maybe today won't be so bad after all.