True Mates Or New Dates

'Why the fuck are we going to The Scribbler, of all the bars in Streatham you pick that one? It's not really our usual scene Bro' I hiss at Felix as I finish scraping my hair back with some gel and grabbing my chains.

'Shut up bitching, jeez man! Embrace the unknown, we never go there, could be an awesome night plus the guys are meeting us there' he smirks. I know him, he has something planned sneaky bastard and I'm determined to find out what before I step foot in the place.

'Dude, what's the crack? Why there?' I ask in a demanding voice. Felix is my oldest friend so I know first hand when he has something going on and by the grin on his face it's not the bar he's interested in more like someone who will be in it. Felix doesn't date, he hooks up. Never being one to settle and in his own words he doesn't want to rob the female population of himself so he likes to be free from labels and clingy girlfriends. He's a dick, but he has his good points underneath all the bullshit that leaves his mouth.

'Ok FT, there is a hot barmaid I saw a few weeks ago. I just want to make my presence know and see where it leads' he claps his hands together in a snug gesture as I roll my eyes. I fucking knew it would be a woman. I'm slightly pissed he kept it from me though, this guy is my brother we don't have any secrets which only intrigues me more as to why he would be so quiet about it until now.

'Spill' I demand. Wanting to understand the background story to the hot barmaid who has him changing our usual Saturday night plans.

'I was walking around Streatham and I saw her go in there so I followed, I don't know why, she just caught my eye. I was at a loose end. I got a drink and saw her behind the bar at the far end. I was twating around on Snapchat and it came up as someone close by so I assumed it was her and pinged a message from my seat. When her phone beeped I knew I hit the jackpot. We've been snapping for a few weeks but she is shy so I want to go down and see her bro' he rushes his words, he isn't nervous. Felix doesn't do nervous, cocky and arrogant at times yes but never nerves. I just nod as I process the odd interaction.

'So your like online dating or summat?' I probe, not sure if Snapchat warrants as a dating platform. Never having snapped a stranger, plus she started talking to him so she sounds desperate to me, not his usual type from what I can gather.

'Nah man, I'm smooth as fuck. You know the ladies like me, who can resist this face' he says waving a hand in front of him like he is some model from a Vogue cover. I can't help but laugh in his face. This guy is so sure of himself at times, I half envy it and half hate it. I don't think I have ever seen Felix doubt himself, he is so confident and brash. Although it always seems to work for him, I on the other hand tend to be the stand back type, not enjoying attention. I am a simple guy, I like hanging out with my mates, keeping my head down and striving to be a better version of myself. I often end playing wingman to keep the friend of whoever he sets his sights on occupied during his mating ritual type shit that he has perfected.

'OK, I've heard enough but just out of curiosity is this more than a hook up?' I ask, unsure if he is out for a good time or contemplating more since he has already made more effort in his attempt to catch her eye.

'Really bro, need you ask. You know my rule. I don't date' he laughs as he pushes past me signalling he is ready to leave. Poor woman, hope she knows him like I do and doesn't expect to much in return. Seems like a lot of agro to change our usual hang out to spy on someone who he only wants to hookup with but fuck it, maybe it will be a good night.

We decide to walk to the bar, we have some time to kill before the rest of the lads meet us so we stroll along chatting shit about football and work. Before long we arrive outside and have a quick smoke before we go in. Felix is pacing from foot to foot on the spot, I try to hide my amusement but see him scowl my way.