It's Always Been...You (2)

🎶 Finneas - Lost my mind

As the day passes we slip back into our usual ways, chilling and X box. I try to put Rosie out of my mind plus him not replying helped me to bury the anxious feeling that reared its ugly head. Maybe he isn't that interested after all?

'Let's eat, I am starving after gaming all day. And by the way your pretty naff company today ya know' he states whilst pulling me from his bed. I am dragged to the kitchen and feel my stomach growl as we enter.

'Hey, you to are alive then. I wondered why you hadn't been around today. Let me guess, he made you watch him game all day Jojo' Martha laughs, knowing us as well as we know each other. I roll my eyes laughing whilst grabbing a seat at the kitchen island.

'Actually Martha, Hero went all quiet on me after Rosie blew up his phone' I smirk trying to hide the ache in my chest as the words leave my mouth, I don't know why I brought this up again but it's out my mouth before I can stop it. Maybe I want to intrude, find out some more even though it makes me feel vomit rising in my throat. Snap out of it, he is your best friend!

'Rosie, who is Rosie Hero?' I knew Martha would be interested in this snippet of information and would help me gain more information about the big secret, maybe even shed some light on how he feels about it all.

'Nice one Jo, real smooth' he barks whilst raiding the fridge causing Martha to raise a brow and return my smirk. I hope she can't read me like he can, right now I'm crumbling inside. Anticipation and dread consuming all that I am. But I want to know, I need to know.

'Come on Hero. Sit and spill' she says pointing to the seat beside me. I love how open this family are, they have always talked so freely about everything, no secrets, they are all so open with one another.

'Fuck sake. I don't really have anything to tell, I met her, we chatted, she messaged me, I replied. Case closed for now' he says whilst pulling open a pack of ham and eating from the packet. Case closed for now? So he is interested? Fuck!

'Oh son, that's nice. Don't be so uptight about it. Is she pretty? Where does she go to school?' Martha continues, not paying attention to him filling his mouth with cold meat.

'Yeah, she's nice. Simple but pretty I guess. I don't know Mom, I haven't talked much to her yet' he says swallowing down his water and chewed food. Pretty! Yet! My mind is in turmoil at the new information and my stomach is in knots to match my uneasy feeling.

Martha turns and carries on with what she was doing before we came down, I have lost my appetite and my voice so it would seem as I sit silently pondering over the new girl who has got Hero's eye. Fuck I am so jealous right now, I have never been jealous before. I never dated through school, I always had Hero so biys never even entered my head. He is even my prom date. I'm glad Rosie doesn't come to our school, I would surely be left to go alone that being the case. I hate the way my mind is making this into a complete mental breakdown, my chest is heavy and I want to run away to hide and cry. Why the hell am I feeling so insecure and lost about all of this.

'Hey, you OK?' he asks taking my hand in his. The touch of his skin on mine pulls me from my head but I just nod and watch his fingers trace over mine with a confused look crossing his face.

'Yeah, of course. Just hungover. Hey we have that trip tomorrow, maybe I could just stay here again since we are school early?' I ask, I never normally stay on Sundays but I'm not ready to leave yet. I don't want him to be alone with his phone for too long allowin Rosie to fill his spare time. Wow, I am losing my mind here. I am acting like some possessive girlfriend and yet I have known him most of my life, I have slept here for years, I have seen him in his boxers, I have even seen him kiss Jodie McClaren in primary school for a dare but it never made me feel like I do now.