True Mates Or New Dates (3)

It's been a few days since I saw Jo or Felix, my days have been busy with some small shoots I had lined up by my agent. Part of me is relived I haven't had to see my best friend because right now I have no idea what his status on operation Jo is and I don't know what to do about telling him. Tonight we are all meeting up for some food though so I will guage his mood and go from there.

After a quick run, which I seem to be taking on as a new hobby I jump in the shower. I have an hour before I have to leave the house so I soak my body under the hot spray, the smell of minty shower gel fills my nostrils as I wash myself down. I can't HELP but think about the scent of apples, her scent which of course leads to me thinking about her in the shower, with me. I get an instant boner and have to sort myself out before I do anything. Damn this woman is in every thought. This is some shit from a movie, the beautiful stranger taking up space in my head, every thought leading to her. I haven't ever been like this over a woman. It has to mean something, surely I am not just into her because I know deep down I can't have her.

As I dry myself off and throw on my go to White T shirt. Joggers and Nike Trainers I pat my hair down with some gel. I'm done, tonight is just burgers and shakes at five guys so no need to make myself smarter than this. I grab my phone and keys from the kitchen side and make my way out. Walking the short distance to meet my guys at five guys ha! When I arrive I quickly scan inside and see Morgz occupying a table alone. I swing open the door and join him without a second thought.

'H my man. Just waiting for the other tossers who are late as usual' he grins as I slide into the booth opposite him.

'Cool man, so what's been happening?' I ask.

'Not a lot my friend, not a fucking lot. Few Vlogz mainly, edits and so on. How'd the shoot go?' he replies, I like how Morgz is genuinely interested. He is sound and always wants us to do well in our endeavours.

'Good man, got the job done in it' I say, not adding much more to my response other than a smile and a shrug.

'Have you spoke to Felix yet man? Did you hear what happened?' he questions.

'No, not since Sunday. Few texts but nothing interesting. What you on about?' I say wondering what could have happened. I know Felix is OK because I get the odd message from him.

'Oh my man, the news is about to be served. So that Jo girl gave him what for when he went there, told him she wasn't into him at all something like dickheads are not her type man! He went back day after but she told him to leave and not contact her anymore so he is pissed the fuck off. You know he hates any sort of rejection, think our guys pride took some major battering. Did you tell him you like her yet?' he asks whilst his eyes dart to the front door. He holds up his hand to silence me before I can say a word and I turn to see Felix and Ollie entering. That would have been awkward, atleast now I know what's going on. Part of me is glad she didn't take his apology but the other half is gutted for him that he made an effort and got shot down. He is my mate afterall. Selfishly all I can't think is how this is making my feeling for her harder to admit, especially if she told him to do one. Fuck.

'Dickhead, how we all doing?' Felix smirks whilst entering the booth seat beside me and punching my arm in his usual bro type greeting. I runy arm and smile in return just nodding to acknowledge i'm good.

'Let's get some grub before my belly button touches my spine through starvation' Ollie laughs and we all go up and order a feast. We have our usual man chat throughout, nothing is mentioned about Jo or Felix although I want to know more. Did she blow him off for me? Could she be into me like I am her? I wish to fuck I had her number, I could ask her then and clear up my confusion. After our meal we make plans to go for a drive and see some other mates at our local hang out spot. We all climb into Morgz car and make our way across to Brixton for the rest of the evening. Skate parks seem to be a thing for us right now, all showing off our new found skills. I'm shit on a skateboard though so I sit in the half pipe and roll a cigarette instead, watching on as the morons land on their arses after trying to complete some Tony Hawk type moves.