Emerald Eyes Or Monster In Disguise (5)

3 Months Later......

'Baby, my parents will be here soon. Are you sure your OK with having dinner with them?' I ask as I finish getting dressed. Tonight Hero is meeting my parents for the first time in person, they have spoken over the phone briefly prior but never met. I can't believe how quickly our lives changed after that awful day in his apartment. When I got him to the hospital I was sure I was going to lose him. He had surgery to stop the internal bleeding his father caused, it was touch and go for a while as I paced the corridors of the hospital praying for him to be OK, when the nurse told me he was being taken to recovery I threw my arms around her in joy.

When he came round he thought he was sure as hell going to prison but during his surgery I devised a plan, I knew no matter how bizzare that I wanted him in my life, more than want, I needed him. I loved him beyond comprehension. The broken man who hadnt experienced love his entire life was the sole reason for my choices from that moment on. I may not be able to fix the past but I would do whatever I could to give him a future, the future he deserves. I called Anna, lying through my teeth that I had a breakdown and wouldn't be able to play Tessa. I knew after what happened to his father that I couldn't stand to be in LA, the idea of him coming after us made me nervous and on edge. Anna was upset but supported my decision. I got into trouble with the police for wasting there time and resources by disappearing but it was a verbal warning rather than jail time so I let that slide, apologising profusely to cover any scent of Hero being the reason behind my dissappearance.

When Hero was discharged from hospital we had a long talk about what we both wanted, he told me he loved me for the first time, I knew it was game over from there on in. His words etched into my heart claiming it as his own. We decided to leave LA, find somewhere new to start fresh lives. No acting, no abusive relatives, avoiding anyone who would cause us harm. We moved to a small town outside of Los Angeles. Somewhere rural and small enough for us to hide away. Our house was quaint, nothing fancy but homely. I loved the way our windows had grey shutters which matched the front door giving it an appealing symmetrical look. Our porch was spacious and gave us a reason to sit outside reading during the cool summer evenings. We had to buy everything to furnish the place as Hero never returned to his apartment, we didn't know what would be waiting there so we left the hospital and drove. We passed this place on our ride with no set destination and the For Sale sign caught both our eyes. We stayed in a motel close by and clubbed together the deposit. Our first joint venture, confirming our dedication to one another. That day was one of the best in my life.

Fortunately we both had a decent amount in the bank, we stayed in a motel until the sale was finalised and then went on a shopping mission to fill our new home, we bickered over colour schemes and styles but I loved that we had made the place a mixture of both us. Not favouring one style over the other. However, he insisted on the ugly reclining chair in the living room, it reminds me of old people but he loves it so I try to refrain from teasing him. I got a job at the diner close by and Hero works for a garage in town. Life has been bliss, I am so lucky that the man with emerald eyes and a broken soul is one of the sweetest humans I have ever encountered. He looks after me, and I him. He's no pushover though, he made his thoughts very clear when we embarked on a life together, he wasn't willing to have a future out of pity. I recall his words in the hospital.

I can't take back what I did to you but I hope you forgive me for my insane actions. I never would have hurt you, you have to know that Jo. I couldn't get you out of my head from the day I met you, when we kissed I was consumed by you. Every damn thought was you. I know I acted out in the wrong way but I swear if you give me a chance I will love you more than life itself. I don't know why you didn't tell them what I did, you could have had me locked up. Thank you, and for saving my ass back at the apartment. I don't want your pity though, I don't want you to be with me as a project to sow me back together. If you don't truly love me then please leave me. I can't spend my days questioning your motive, I won't be that guy. You saved me but if you decide to share your life with me you need to know that it won't happen in future. I will be the one looking after you. The way you stood up for me to my father broke me but in a beautiful way, it broke down the hatred I had for myself. For the first time in my life I felt loved. Your actions spoke louder than any words could. You gave me a reason to look forward, a hope that I could be happy. I want to be with you Josephine forever and always. I want to be your saviour as you were mine.