Lights, Camera, Attraction (3)

'Dude you have to come. Everyone and I mean everyone will be there. Good opportunity to speak to that guy from Dolce' Alex says whilst making himself at home, lunging on the couch and scrolling instagram I imagine. I met Alex a few months back when I was new to modelling, he was the only guy who came over and made me feel remotely welcome, the rest just eyed me up as competition. I like modelling but it is dog eat dog for sure, yet it isn't my goal to make it big through photoshoots it's just a sideline to acting for me.

'Nah, I was out last night with my mates and I feel rough as fuck today' I really do feel like death, we were celebrating a birthday and it got way out of hand. I drank my body weight in Tequila. My mouth was like the fucking Sahara dessert when I woke up and I swear I pissed myself but the empty glass in my hand reassured me I hadn't.

'You never come to these things. I'm not going alone. I need a wing man and your him. So get your shit together. Open bar, free food what's not to like' he says removing his face from his phone for a moment to convince me to go.

'Fuck it. You sold me on food' I reply, not interested in arguing this out or sounding like whiney bitch due to my hangover. It's true, I steer clear of these things they are so out of my comfort zone and full of dickheads. I'd rather hang out with my mates, the people I enjoy being around rather than a room full of strangers.

Alex tells me he will come by later so we can share an Uber. I need to arrive with him since I am his plus 1 anyway so it works for me. He also said it is a black tie event, lucky I snagged the suit from my shoot yesterday, one of the perks to the job. I wasn't leaving without that, I liked how it made me feel. Funny how your clothes can change your whole persona, material giving you a sense of self. I loved the suit even if that pretry blonde photographer didn't seem to notice. I tried to be smooth and flirt but she was having none of it. I never crack on to women like that but I felt like James Fucking Bond, epic fail on my part though she practically laughed me out the room. Oh well, you won't be seeing her again so suit up my man and enjoy the night with Alex.

After a quick shower and shave I grab the suit and get myself ready. Music on, beer in hand, I douse myself in aftershave whilst I grab a smoke and wait outside for Alex to appear. Soon as I light my smoke the car pulls up. I nod and place the can on the side whilst flicking the cigarette on the path as I walk to join him. 

'Hey, look who went all suave on me. Anyone would think you was a model' he jokes as I take the seat beside him. The journey isn't long twenty minutes or so, we chat over yesterday's shoot and some projects Alex is working on. When he pull up I can see people lining up to get in, great!

'We have tickets man, no que for us' he smirks looking like the cockiest bastard on two legs. Alex is anything but cocky, he is so down to earth and chilled it's hard not to be relaxed around him, he is a good guy and a friend for life I reckon. When we get inside we are greeted with a tray of complimentary champagne, both grabbing a flute as we scan the room. Posh picks, Models, Photographers, Media yep just like I thought a room full of people I have no interest in getting to know. I look at my friend who gives me a fake smile and tells me to suck it up whilst moving further into the room. I follow behind whilst looking for the free food he promised.

'Alex! Hey, over here' I hear someone shout, a woman. Wait that's Demi, I am sure of it. I glance over the crowd, enjoying my height for once. I have a birds eye view practically. I about choke on the bubbles of my drink when I spot the blonde beside Demi. Fuck! I'm wearing the same suit as yesterday, classy Hero. Very fucking classy. Why is she here, from what she said yesterday she was only standing in, she mentioned landscapes rather than glamour shoots. I don't know why but she really got under my skin yesterday, when I saw her I automatically noticed how pretty she was but when we spoke it was her smart mouth that I found amusing. She was unfiltered but funny. I am getting used to pretty faces with no personality so she was a refreshing change, I liked the time I spent with her. Even if she did brush me off at the end.

'Hey Demi. Didn't know you'd be here? He says whilst giving the blonde girl a hug. She scans me up and down as they embrace and politely re introduces herself when they finish along with encouraging pleasantries between Alex and Jo.

'Hey again' I say as I bypass Demi and walk towards Jo.

'Hello again. Getting your monies worth from the suit I see. Careful though, I don't see a defibrillator in here you may cause problems with rising heart rates' she smirks, laughing at her own words whilst her friend gives her a scowl, looking embarrassed by her comment. I feel like an utter dickhead. This woman has the ability to make my manhood shrivel up in my fucking boxers with her smart ass remarks she literally handed me my balls on a platter there. Before I can even attempt to return with a witty reply her friend interrupts and I internally thank her for preventing me from looking more of a fool coming up blank.

'Sorry Hero. Jo here has an illness. It's called no fucking filter' she states whilst giving Jo a look which I can only assume means I need these guys on side to earn my paycheck.

'My apologies, I thought we were all adults but clearly my humour is wasted. I shall return to the rock I crawled from shall I Demi' she hisses back and I swear my cock twitches at the fiesty blonde who castrated me moments ago. Fuck, she has a whole lot of angry rage going on but I like it.

'Don't apologise. I like that she speaks her mind' I say whilst signalling to Jo who softens slightly around the eyes at my words. I decide I need a drink, this party is not my sort of party so maybe a few jack and cokes will make it appear better than it is. As I head to the bar I notice Alex stays put with Demi but Jo is following behind me.

'Need a drink too?' I ask whilst squeezing in to the space available at the crowded bar set up.

'A bottle or two would be ideal but for now I'll take a drink. Do you come to these things often?' she asks as her eyes meet mine, for a second I don't speak. Her eyes have the strangest mix of blue and grey but I find myself lost in them, instead I take this chance to toy with her. Get my own back.

'Asking people at bars if they come here often is slightly cliché wouldn't you say?' I smirk hoping she laughs rather than slapping me. I watchbas a smile covers her lips and her eyes roll at my comment. Seems to be a win for me atlast. Maybe this time she won't verbally assault me and give me a chance to get to know her.

'We're going down the route of cliché are we because I recall you saying some dumb stuff yourself Mr Model' finally I get a glimpse of the softer, fun Jo. The more she speaks the more I like this woman. She is zesty and testing all rolled into one. Maybe slightly Jekyll and Hyde but less scary. We continue chatting and a few drinks later we have found some level ground, both in histerics at various things going on around us. Jo told me more about her work and I did the same. I'm jealous she gets to travel all over and explore the beautiful places she has told me about. I travel but never freely. I fly to a shoot and tend to be on a tight leash and schedule. I'd love to pack a bag and fuck off for weeks, months even. Seems Josephine is rather endearing, I haven't stopped smiling since this conversation began and the longer I stand here the more I want to kiss her. I haven't stopped thinking this for the past half an hour.

I get the impression this could be mutual but after the last time I tried to flirt with her I decide to keep it as it is for now, the flirty banter between us is flowing easily. I'm having more fun at this bar with her than I have the entire time of being here. My ego won't take another hit within 24 hours. Women are so...... Indifferent at times, you think you know what they are thinking and then your way off. I know from having a sister, Mercy is a ticking bomb half the time hence why I never bother to date or persue anything. Right now my life works for me, no hassle, no headaches. I just do as I please which mainly consists of work and spending time with my mates.

But I think that could be about to change.