Destination Unknown

Jo's POV -

'I can't believe you talked me into this Katrina, this is madness. You are insane, you know that right?' I say brimming with excitment and nerves.

'Hush, we need this! We worked our asses off this year Jo. No parties, no fun, no men, just studying and hiding away in your room so we friggin deserve this. I can't wait to see Milos. It is so beautiful from the brochure' she squeals the last part whilst jumping around my tiny bedroom.

'Okay Okay, I'm all done' I state whilst zipping up my case. That's it, I am packed and ready to go to the airport. Katrina came over at the crack of dawn, I swear she has been packed since she booked this last minute escape the other day. When she turned up on Tuesday she looked set to burst, she rushed me to my room announcing she booked us a holiday to Milos, Greece and we leave in 4 days. I nearly collapsed. I have never left Perth, well, I have been camping but still in Australia so not sure that counts.

My parents freaked at first but Katrina has a way of persuading anyone to do whatever she wants, it's her talent, one that she has mastered over the years very successfully. I'm 19 so they couldn't really stop me but I was glad when they agreed that it would be OK, making my departure a lot less stressful especially as I am already freaking out. Katrina has already told me about flying, I'm excited for that but not the 23 hour flight, that seems too long for my first flight adventure but once again she persuades me to do as she wants.

Katrina is my best friend, we have been like this since before we could walk. She knows everything about me same as I do her, although there is alot more to know about Katrina. Her Dad is Australian and Her Mum is from the Philippines originally which gave Katrina some very good genes, the girl is stunning with jet black hair that sits just above her ass, she has the darkest chocolate brown eyes I have seen with a few freckles dotted around her nose, her build is fuller, womanly with curves in all the right places aswell as that she is outgoing, zesty, bossy, unpredictable and at times very fiery. All of which make Katrina alluring, if not a little intimidating at times but I love her like a sister. I however am the total opposite, quieter, calmer, logical and have never been one to lose my temper, body type we are very similar and often steal each others clothes, she is the ying to my yang in terms of personalities and it works for us. We have only ever had one fall out when we seven but vowed never again to fight, so far we kept our word.

As we climb out of the car at the airport I hug my Mum tightly, to tightly I nearly break her ribs. I don't know why I am so worried to leave her, I feel so grown up in this moment. Heading off to explore the world, well Greece.

'You make sure you have a fantastic time sweetheart. You could maybe take a leaf from Katrina and loosen up abit' my Mum whispers the last part like it's a secret but looks at me with a serious caring type look.

'I heard that Mrs L, I will make sure she is safe. We will have an epic time' Katrina yells over my shoulder and I roll my eyes along with my Mom. After I walk away I take a quick glance back to where my Mum was but she's already gone. Maybe she was happy to see me leave for abit, I mean I never have so her Dad will enjoy the time together I guess. After check in we explore the stores in the departure lounge. I can't help but laugh at the overpriced accessories which I could buy at home for a lot less. Katrina however has a basket full already placed upon the counter. Before long our flight is called, I can feel my stomach knot through excitment I hope. I really don't want to puke right now.

'Relax Jojo, we will have a drink on the flight to calm your nerves. We will have the best time in Milos. I promise' Katrina says softly clutching my hand in hers and leading me to the boarding que. I nod in agreement, I don't want to open my mouth just incase I am sick. We take our seats, for once Katrina let's me pick rather than her usual instructions, she must sense my nerves. I choose the window seat, I want to have the full experience of take off. Katrina is sweet and very caring but she is very bossy. As friends I have learnt to just go with her demanding ways, it doesn't bother me so her letting me choose the seat is big. I sit down grinning from ear to ear at my triumph.