True Mates Or New Dates? (2)

My head's pounding as I try to lift it from my pillow. I don't remember much from last night but the half eaten kebab on my bedroom floor alerts me that I atleast ate something. I quickly neck the bottle of water on my night stand and take two paracetamol, a smart habit I adopted by laying them out before any night out knowing they would be of use come morning time. I lay back and try to think over the events of last night, drinks at the bar, shots, a night club and then I pull up a blank. I do remember Josephine though. Those blue eyes and shy smile. Fuck!

I drag my hungover ass out of bed and go for a piss. I need to brush my teeth, my mouth feels like a sandpit after the alcohol consumed last night. Safe to say I feel like shit today. I head down stairs in search of a pick me up, coffee is needed ASAP. I stumble down my hallway, I see legs hanging over my sofa so I peer round the door to find Felix sprawled on the couch with a beer in one hand and a bag of half eaten chips in the other. We must have been wasted, I don't even recall getting home. I quickly scan the rest of my living room, sighing with relief at the empty space indicating its only us two here. I smack his feet to wake him up and laugh as he jumps in a panic.

'What the fuck Bruv!' he snarls, eyes still closed.

'You wany some coffee?' I yell as I make my way into my kitchen. I hear his feet shuffling behind me, clearly in need of a caffeine fix aswell.

'Man my head is splitting, give me some meds. I need to get myself right before 11am' he says quietly as he rubs his temples and takes a seat at the kitchen table. The noise of the chair dragging against the wood flooring causes us both to gag. Fuck, that noise is the worst sound known to human ears, that and blackboards being scratched.

'11am?' I question as I grab two cups and flick on the power to the coffee machine. I open the fridge and grab two bottles of water whilst throwing the paracetamol packet at his head. Considering I still feel pissed my aim is on par as I watched amused at the packet connecting to his temple. After a scowl and raising his middle finger in my direction he swallow two of the pills, continuing to rub his head. No sense, no feeling springs to mind but I keep quiet, it's to early to tease him in this state.

'Yeah man, I gotta go apologise to Jo. I was a total dick to her and she won't reply to my messages. I don't know why I did that, she is sound as fuck and I was a nasty prick' he mutters in a low voice, clearly ashamed of his behaviour which I'm glad about. I knew he wasn't a wrongen, he just gets carried away sometimes. Felix is your typical lad with an audience around him but he does have a good heart. The idea of him making it up with Jo annoys me, it shouldn't but it does. I need to forget this girl, clearly she is off limits as my guy here is interested. Easier said than done though, she keeps popping into my head randomly and I can't seem to shake how a smile crosses my lips when it happens.

'Want me to come with you?' I ask without thinking it through. I stand half shocked at my eagerness to see the blue eyed girl, not one part of me offering as support to my best mate as shitty as that may be.

'It's Sunday bro, you got a game. Morgz said he'd pick you up at 10.00am remember?' he informs me and I vaguely recall that conversation as his words hit my ear drums. I just nod in response but the look he gives me makes me believe he too knows my behaviour is odd. I normally winge my ass off when he has drama with a hookup so for me to offer support is way out of the norm for us. Luckily he is to hungover to probe me on it so I grab the freshly made coffee and take a seat beside him. Once we finish we take it in turns to shower and get ourselves slightly human again.

'H, Morgz is out front for you' Felix shouts from the couch in the living room as I stride down the stairs in my football kit. He has a key for my place so I shout my goodbye as I walk out the door. I'll catch up with him later at some point. Hopefully to be told he failed in making it up to Jo. I feel like a dick for thinking this way but something about that girl has me acting crazy, not outwardly but in my head. I can't do shit about it though, Felix is my brother and we never start anything with the other ones girl. Even if theoretically she isn't actually his girl it still seems shady. I climb into Morgz car and get comfy for the hour long journey ahead. My guy passes me a redbull as soon as my arse hits the seat and I nod to thank him and his energy boost juice.