Catching Feelings At The Car Wash

It's been 3 months since I left London to set up home in Los Angeles, according to my agent it would have been ridiculous not to take the opportunity to boost my career. It hasn't been easy, I thought I would just slide into the way of life here but it's been tough, really tough especially without my family and friends but at the ripe age of 21 I need to find my path, experience life as much as I can, whilst I can. Everything in America is so different to back home, the people, the trends, the humour. Luckily my guy Evan is close by, he has taken me under his wing and introduces me to new people he met since arriving here. Making me feel less of a loner plus he knows all the great spots due to his photography so I see some great places.

One perk to being here is the weather, I haven't had to use heating in my apartment since I arrived, air con yes but no heat. Plus the change of my skin colour is making me look good, having a tan in March is a first for me, I get why those body builders cover themselves in thick brown shit now it certainly makes you looked more toned, I notice my abs now looking as I pass the mirror. I'm not vain by any means but right now I am rather appealing on the eye. As I rummage around to find some sort of outfit for today I opt for scruffy, I'm going to be soaked anyway, Evan should be here soon so I rush, grabbing a can of red bull on my way to the door.

I wait downstairs in the lobby of my apartment when I see him pull up and honk loudly.

'Yo! What's with all the noise bro' I laugh whilst climbing into his ride. He looks at me with a sarcastic tone, I got used to this. This guy is never serious.

'Well you are normally preening and late so I had to make sure you didn't fuck around and make us late. You ready for some hardwork and fun man?' he laughs pulling off. I'm not sure fun is what I would call today but it's for a good cause so I was in as soon as Evan mentioned the charity car wash he and some friends were doing. They are raising money to help underprivileged children learn how to skate and build various skate parks to boost communities. Evan and his friends all skate, I don't. I tried once as a kid and fell off, broke my arm and had it casted for 6 weeks, skating was not my thing after that.

The drive isn't far, wwhn we pull up I see a group of guys setting up with buckets and sponges. They have a big sign painted which is on the street to encourage passers by to come in and a small table in the far corner which I assume is the pay station. Basic but obvious as to what we are doing. We park up and Evan yells over to them as we walk across the lot. He introduces me to them all and we exchange handshakes and bro hugs before I am passed a bucket and sponge. The Morning goes fast, I am soaked and tired, I washed atleast 25 cars already and need a smoke break. I sit in the bonnet of Evans car in enjoy the nicotine filing my lungs, no one in LA seems to smoke, it's not a liked habit out here I noticed. As I enjoy my bad habit I see a few more cars pull in, I scan over the drivers out of habit more than being a pervert when I spot her. Fuck, she is hot.

I find myself discarding of the half smoked cigarette, walking faster than usual to get to the car she is driving. I must look ridiculous but I want a closer look at the blonde beauty. She doesn't appear arrogant more nervous as she heads over to the pay station, her head hangs low whilst she looks at her feet rather than her surroundings. I didn't expect that, I thought for sure she would be a princess, galloping across the lot for everyone to admire but she's the opposite, shy maybe. I edge closer as she finishes paying and Rudy explains to her where to drive and park.

'Thank you, I love that it's for charity. I hope you all do well today' she squeaks, turning to return to her car to follow his instructions. As she passes me she doesn't look up.

'Dude, shut your mouth before you catch flies. Jeez, subtle much' Rudy laughs as I flip him off, grabbing my bucket. I stride over to her car whilst telling the guys I got this. I don't "got" this, I have no idea how or why I want to talk to her so badly. I am creeping out at my wierd ass obsession with the stranger in the Ford Capri. I take a few deep breaths as I swagger over, tripping on route but luckily she doesn't notice and I continue my stride. I decide to tap on the window, no idea what to say but before I stop myself it's done.