Lights, Camera, Attraction (6)

This trip has been one of my favourite so far, this is my first time visiting India. I have had the most amazing time, the locals have been wonderful, the scenery is magnificent and I am thrilled to be capturing the moment the kurinji blooms filling every crevice of the mountain top with my favourite colour. The lilac blanket of flowers unfolding before my eyes is breathtaking, I have waited so long to be here for this moment.

I've been in India for two weeks already, most of my time has been spent exploring the vast hills of this area, snapping every beautiful sight I come across. During the evening I am exhausted and I swear all this climbing has affected me body, my curves are disappearing with each passing day, sweating every ounce of water I drink from my body. I intend on eating my body weight in food when I get back to London to regain my curvy hips. The only downside to this trip has been the lack of contact with Hero. Never have I wanted to go home from my adventures but since meeting the emerald eyed god I can't help but miss being home. A strange feeling for me considering I spent most of my adult life wandering around the globe without a care for being rooted to one place. He has changed my view on home, making it appealing. This must be how it feels when home sick?

The hostel I found seems to be popular, so many travellers pass through on there journeys. I haven't really spent any time there apart to Sleep and wash. I wake up early and arrive back late but last night a new couple arrived, Devon and Suzie. At first I found them quite odd, they were the most peculiar of couplings, he was scruffy and unkept where as she resembled the rich kid gone awol with the guy her Dad would be sure to dispise. After chatting to them I found out we have alot in common, they aren't so bad after all. The hostel isnt by any means fancy, it's a site littered with cabin's, a small wash facility and 4 bunk beds in each hut. So far I had been lucky enough to only have one other girl sharing but when Devon and Suzie arrived they took one of the spare bunks in my cabin. I'm not shy but I didn't really like sharing with some random dude, I preferred it being just women.

This morning I got up early as usual, making my way up the hillside to camp out, waiting for the new blooms to sprout. I love it up here, it is my new favourite scene. The air is humid leaving a glaze of sweat on my body but the view. Fuck the view is something else, the sky is covered with a misty fog which trickles through the mountain peaks, the grass is the greenest I have ever seen and with the new bloom, lilac is dotted all through the hill top and valley which descends down to a beautiful lake. I love the smell of wet grass after it rains, a familiar scent I always inhale back home. Its replicated here perfectly, giving me comfort that no matter where or how far I wander I can still smell home transporting me right back to the London Parks that I spent my youth.

Suzie asked me if I wanted to join them for dinner tonight, having some company would be nice considering my trips are solo. I agreed, confirming I would be back before dark. There isn't much to do out here but I have seen a few street vendor type things in passing to get supplies from the small village a mile or so away. I keep checking my phone but nothing, no messages are filtering through, the tiny signal bars are flashing empty. I hate this barrier, not talking to Hero is harder than I imagined. I miss him more than I care to admit but I will be back in London soon. How can he be so important to me in such a small amount of time, I haven't ever been this consumed by a man.

I finally pull myself from my daydream of the green eyed man waiting back home and pack up my camera kit, making my way back to the cabin. As soon as I open the cabin door I see Devon and Suzie. I feel like I interrupted a private conversation for a moment as I watch them huddle on the bottom bunk bed talking between themselves. Devon looks slightly pissed off but Suzie face is neutral, no emotion what so ever. They still seem odd to me, what a strange pairing.

'Hey. Good day trekking?' she says as I place my bag down on the bunk before throwing my legs up to lay down for five minutes considering my heart is about to burst from exertion from the climbing.