Who Do You Want To Be? (2)

'Hero, are you even listening?' Jamie snarks as I peel my eyes from my phone completely unaware of the conversation.

'Urm, no I wasn't but you have my full attention now as long as you aren't talking handbags and sillettoes' I smile but I'm met with scowls from both ladies.

'Rude! Not every topic a woman discusses is about clothing you know. We have some depth to our intelligence. What is it you do anyway?' Jo snaps whilst rolling her eyes. Jamie smiles, silently high fiving Jo I think but seems slightly less pissed off then blondie.

'OK calm down, jeez I was joking. I model mainly and some acting why?' I ask.

'So your more likely to be talking handbags than us if you think about it' she smirks, clearly impressed by her witty if not unnecessary reply. She's cute but fuck she's a bitch. Her fiesty attitude is turning me on oddly, so I decide to go full throttle on my comeback.

'Actually sweetheart handbags are so last season, sequins are in. Didn't you know?' I wave my hand in front of me as if to shoo her away and Jamie laughs so loudly that I can't help but join in. Jo however looks like she wants to punch me in the windpipe.

'Okay kids, cool it. We are nearly home. Anyway Hero as we were saying how'd you fancy going out for dinner. I know this lush restaurant that just opened up close to the house' I remember I said I'd meet Evan once I get here. He has some new shots he wanted to show me from a trip to Fiji, plus I didn't want to intrude on Jamie by hanging around all the time. Shit!

'Urm, I would but I told Evan I would meet him once I get unpacked and stuff' I say meekly, wishing I hadn't made plans.

'Is Evan your boyfriend?' Jo asks, no trace of humour apparent. Is she seriously fucking asking me that. She has known me all of 45 minutes. Jamie spits coffee all over me and tries to stifle her giggles, I look like someone just pulled my pants down to show the world my cock. I'm that shocked by her blasay intrusion, does this woman have no boundaries.

'No, Evan is my colleague and friend. Quick judgement, wrong conclusion sweetheart' I snap back. She pisses me off, maybe I will get a hotel rather than be around her for 2 weeks so far she seems to sure of herself and obviously dislikes me for some reason.

When we get to Jamie's I decide to try and turn this around, I can't be arsed with 14 days of awkwardness so I open the door for Jo and offer to wheel her case. Surprisingly she says thank you and accepts my offer without any smart comments leaving those pretty lips of hers. Pretty lips, what the fuck Hero.

'Fucking hell, what the hell did you pack in here. A dead body, your ex maybe?!' I say as I tug the case up the stairway to Jamie's house.

'Sorry, do you need me to help. Is it to heavy for you?' she smirks. I laugh but silently flip her off. Sarcastic bitch. Clearly we clash. This is going to be fun, not.

'Hero, usual room for you sweetie and Jo is across the hall. Do you mind showing her whilst I check in here?' Jamie yells as she walks off to the livingroom. I have been here so many times it feels like home from home. I walk down the hall and point to the door that will be Jo's room during her stay. I put the case by the doorway and head into my own room, shutting the door behind me. As soon as I get in there I lay in the bed, travelling is exhausting and so is sassy pants across the hall. I send Evan a quick text, telling him I landed and if he is still on for later within minutes he shoots me back a reply.

Evan M ✉️ Dude! Welcome to LA. I need a raincheck. Something came up but catch you up soon I promise.

I'm relieved and pissed at his text, mainly relieved though. Atleast I can join Jamie for dinner along with my new bestie. After unpacking and grabbing a quick shower I head back towards the livingroom. Jamie's kids run over to me and give me the biggest hug. I like these little midgets, they are cute as far as kids go. After a few hugs they talk me into playing some game with them which involves me sitting in a cardbox and them trying to pull me along the floor. Epic fail! My legs bust the sides and I end up flat on my back after tipping over trying to get out. Everyone laughs at my poor attempt to escape the box of death but it's all good fun so I join in, noticing Jo actually smiling for once. She's pretty when she smiles.