💌 Chapter Three 💌

The second letter was by far the shortest one you had written and yet it was still impactful as the first one brought

The second letter was by far the shortest one you had written and yet it was still impactful as the first one brought. Perhaps it can even surpassed the quick admiration you felt for the boy who you met when you attended the tennis game with your cousins at Seattle.

His name is Park Jay, and is probably the kind of guy everyone will easily get comfortable with.

As the sky started to turn light that day, a strange hush fell over everything - not just the kind that always comes in the dim moments before dawn, but something deeper, something like a farewell. You knew that would be the last time you can visit your cousins - that after the last bonding, that summer, it'll change everything.

The grandparents died and the next year to come is the relatives visiting in your town instead.

Sweat drips down at the back of your neck up the bleachers as Daniel screams his lungs out in protest for the win of the opposing side and you reach for your water bottle, laughing at his every reactions. Before your hand touches it, though, the bottle skitters closer to you by another hand prodding it.

You know even before you look; the person who moved the bottle is the one sitting before you. It's him, the boy one of your cousins was eyeing because of how cool he looks in his get up. In addition, he's an asian like you, very few among the numbers of the americans.

He shifted a bit in his chair, his hair bouncing on his headband as he tosses his head a little and gives you a satisfied grin, "Sorry, the ice earlier is melting down in my back, so I'm helping you a bit", he said, pushing the water bottle a little closer.

It was the first time you were talked by a total stranger, so all you can do is smile as the mood shifts down in the game when the favorite play is backing up the scores. Everyone shuffles around - some eagerly, some sluggishly, some in between - to rearranged themselves closer to the tennis court.

He tilted his head, inspecting you as if you were a dwarf to his eyes. It could be the truth.

"Where are you from anyways?", he asked, ignoring the game as it sounds like Daniel would broadcast each new progress by the loudness of his voice.

"I came from Seoul", you said, clearly puzzled with a curious look from your fellow watchers.

"I thought you looked like one who comes from there and I was right", he says, smiling big at you like he was really interested at what you have to say. "You know, we lived there before we migrated here"

As you were exposed more into the summer heat, you replied to him casually, at least as much as you could. "You must be friendly to anyone", you say, ignoring the glances from your cousins. "But I like it. I never knew anyone here other than my cousins"