Chapter Forty [ 2 ] + Unedited

When he woke up the next morning, he hesitated for a moment, just laying in the sofa before thinking back as to why he was there

When he woke up the next morning, he hesitated for a moment, just laying in the sofa before thinking back as to why he was there. It has all been answered by the form of you sleeping in a fetal position in the much smaller couch next to his.

For him, you shouldn't have been there - shivering a bit from the cold air coming through the open window and it made more sense for you to be sleeping in his bed. You shouldn't have been clutching on your legs and should have been instead holding onto a pillow, covered by a thick blanket. It was almost like you were his. Almost, and yet it wasn't enough.

Anyone who knew him had the knowledge of his sleeping habit because chances were, that they'll be unable to remove him from the bed in the days like this. But all his words fell silent as his eyes catch onto you nearly falling onto the floor before he reached out to steady you back in the couch.

Without giving himself a chance to think, he propped himself beside you and turned to lay down, and tried to keep you close as possible. Inevitably, he couldn't help but shoot a glance only to find you blinking up at him, eyes-wide, and he grinned at how flustered you clearly are, to wake up enveloped in his arms.

"Are you already alright from what happened yesterday?", you inquired of him to cut the silence and stilling him with your hand on his arm.

He looked down at it in surprise, knowing his eyes were the ones wide now, and that he probably look stupid, but he couldn't composed himself. "At least you're here to distract me from that problem", he said, still in disbelief that you touched him. "Why did you stay?"

"My dad allowed me to", you declared softly, removing your hand from his arm, and still, you couldn't tear your eyes away from his closeness.

And him? His eyes were greedily looking over at your face, and you were awake in the same house as he, and he was looking at you with such expressive eyes that you couldn't imagine it had cried all night a few hours ago. What did change him?

Finally averting your eyes and shaking your head, you went to attempt in leaving. But he settled a hand in your waist, keeping you in place before him. And then before your hesitation could grow too much, he was giving you such a beautiful smile that you could not resist it, but returning it to him.

"Heeseung", you tried to say, his name coming out strangled between your throat. You certainly couldn't even look at him from the realization of last night.

He could sense the sudden change in your movement, and he wanted no part in making you uncomfortable, so he says, "You know, you coming to really comfort me was so unbelievable I thought I was dreaming", Heeseung sounded fond, but why did it turn sad? "But then, even in my dream, you weren't there for long, either"