Chapter Sixty Nine + Unedited

Mom always kept her words

Mom always kept her words. She had promised you before she left the room after Niki leaves to finally get home together with the other boys - she promised that she would give you the rest of the time until weekend to spend with Jay and that she would give you time as much as you needed.

You knew she wouldn't try to rush you, to try sway your decision to help them pack when Dad and Daniel would be starting it tommorow with the help of the neighbors next door. And you did take your time - taking almost all night to think seriously about everything.

And no matter how you thought about it all, this had to be the end with Jay. Although it broke your heart, this was as far as you relationship could go. As cliche as it was, you needed to leave and you wouldn't want to put him up in a long distance relationship, either. It may work or not work, but in the end, all of it would end in tears and more regrets, that you knew.

But you'd given him almost half a year of your life now and you wouldn't regret it - how could you regret knowing someone who made your heart race so badly you thought it was going tp burst out of your chest? You didn't regret everything about Jay, but you simply couldn't continue to allow things to go on as they were now.

With each ticking minute, you shot apprehensive glances towards the clock inside this room. You hoped he turned up late, so you have more time to work things through in your head, to actually figure out what you were going to say to him. Because, despite how often you'd run this scenario in your head, it didn't make the pain a little bit hurt less to what will you be going to do.

Squeaking as it opened, the door brought you out of your thoughts and your eyes snapped instantly towards the open doorway. You watched as Jay walked easily into the room, already change in a sleepwear. His eyes sought you out instantly, offering you with a smile and you returned it with a soft one of your own.

"Does this mean we can sleep together for a night?", he asked, voice cautious in a way that told you - your mom must have talked to him, "Your family left for home saying how they will be back tommorow, so they allow me again to stay with you"

You waited silently still, watching him closely. His steps were too bouncy as he practically run towards your bed before jumping into it to join you. He gestured for you to lay down beside him, as if checking first if you would allow that kind of closeness. Still, you kept your silence, studying him up close and it was almost enough.

The way your heart was clenching at the thought of leaving him was almost enough to change your mind. His eyes, earnest and so soft, remained on yours and you almost wanted to close your eyes so you didn't have to look in them.

Instead of saying anything, you reached out your own hands and taking his face in between. Jay searched your eyes, trying to make sense of just what you were thinking. There's no doubt he would fail - because you had no idea what you were thinking, if you should stay or let go.