💌 Chapter Seventeen 💌

The weekend had went by quickly and much less received by you to what the weekdays will bring

Deeply inside the depths of your heart, there was a little portion that was dreading the arrival of Monday and the other part was at least certain your bestfriends will protect you from Yana and her loyal lap dogs. There's a little reassurance too from Jay's text in the morning.

You spend the first subjects listening to the teachers about how the exams were right by the corner and they advised you all to be ready. You weren't focusing much on their speech, instead you were being disturbed by a rather uncharacteristic boy for today. For some reason, Jake is now included and is your seatmate at Math - your weakest subject.

This is where you needed to pay attention the most and take notes of the significant part you always forget after you step out of the door. But of course, the boy didn't understand it for he was already good at numbers and he was there constantly trying to get your attention by sliding a piece of paper towards you. You supposed for him to escape his boredom.

But because you were a sworn good student, you continued ignoring him no matter how insistently he nudged the paper towards you. Stepping against his nearest feet is very tempting, maybe it would be even worth getting a detention for the sake of pay back. It wasn't an easy choice, though. Not when Daniel is prepared to get a dirt on you in order to tattle on your mom.

Jake cleared his throat pointedly, shoving the paper at the top of your open notebook to where you were currently writing with unnecessary force. "Please, just read it for me", he pleaded.

Turning to him with a glare, you faltered slightly when you realized that for once again he'd turned on his charm by blinking at you with the addition of a pout. And it suited him.

As for you who is so much like the other girls than you'd like to admit is weak to a boy who can be handsome and cute at the same time.

For the sake of your grades, you pushed his paper aside to return to your notes. You didn't get very far before he decides to bother you again and you were following the graph, he reached out to snag the pen from your grasp and you stifled a gasp noticing the teacher's focus was directed to you and Jake.

When he finally looked away to strike the board with his stick, Jake handed you the pen back without a word along his piece of paper.

With an exasperated sigh, you resigned yourself to see what he'd like you to read. At the one word and the smiley face in his paper, your eyes twitched at how pointless it was.

Hi ^_^

Returning your eyes to him, you could throw hands as he replied to your frown with an innocent smile he sent your way. You can practically see how he was so pleased at you accepting it. Only to make him happy, you wrote a reply before pushing his paper back to him then to your notes again.