Chapter Sixty One + Unedited

Pain

Pain. It was coursing through your body like a thousand hot burning needles the instant your consciousness returns from the one who was holding you. The smell of blood, sweat and mud filled your nose with the addition of the pleasant cologne. It was familiar, the one you've been closely associated with before.

Jake. The thought hits you like a ton of bricks - a mixture of relief and disappointment consumed you for a moment when he isn't Jay before the pain hit you again. It was sorely severe in the head that you cried - the arms around you loosening a bit scared it might hurt you even more.

"Open your eyes, Y/N. Tell me you're okay", you heard Jake say, almost sounding like a plea to your ears.

Easier said than done. Your eyelids felt like they were glued together with cement, keeping them from opening and causing for you to groan. Slowly but surely they opened, taking in the filtering sunlight through the branches of trees above his head. As you turn your head slightly even if it hurts in that simple move, you took in the woods surrounding you and the figure of Sunghoon running back to the lodges to alert everyone.

Fear swept through you for a moment, while you cautiously looked up to Jake who was giving you a look of pity and regret. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry", he keeps on repeating it like it was his fault.

"Will - Will I be okay, Jake?", you asked as your voice came out strong, despite being barely able to breath from the wounds scattered across your body and the fluid slowly fillings your lungs.

"Yes, you'll be okay. Trust me", he whispered. "Just stay awake. Do you understand?", Knowing you could no longer speak, you slowly nodded. "If you do fainted on us, it might be too dangerous for the blood in your head"

With your head spinning, and unconsciousness clouding your eyes, he picked you up gently in a bridal style and he took off in a run, hoping the others had call an ambulance by now. You only watched as the trees began to shrink and the sounds of his feet against the leaves is the only thing you could hear. The small of damp air filled your nostrils and you hesitated when trying to take a deep breath.

Seemingly in a rush, Jake came to stop at the well at the center of the lodges, and the breath you had released was taken aback from the shocked and startled gasp going through the people standing outside until it reached the others staying indoors. Daniel who had been searching for you with Sunoo - instantly felt a bile rise up to his throat, his body filling up with utter despair.

As for Sunoo, he had become frozen after letting out a startled gasp. His eyes widening took the attention of Niki who was coming from the dock and only for him to rush ahead, assuming Jake was taking you by force but he stopped at the sight of the blood in the older boy's shirt which had been tainted from your head.