💌 Chapter Thirteen 💌

The disadvantage of a real life opposed to a fantasy of a Disney, that not everything could be solved by singing a dreadful corny song or in the issue of the damsel in distress like Cinderella waiting for a Prince to get out of her misery - so alt...

The disadvantage of a real life opposed to a fantasy of a Disney, that not everything could be solved by singing a dreadful corny song or in the issue of the damsel in distress like Cinderella waiting for a Prince to get out of her misery - so although you knew how this part of your life was supposed to go, it wasn't how Ni-ki read it.

If anyone was going to ask you, human nature could use some improvement. History repeats itself over and over and yet people were surprised at the highest rate of crimes and depressions. Just like you were surprise by Ni-ki pulling a Ni-ki move at the last minute.

He was more bold than you care to admitting. He had no problem with walking up to you in the third year area of the campus and you hadn't been saved from any ridicule for having some puppy lovesick first year after you, but one glare from Violet, they were all backing up inside their safety shell.

For some reason, Ni-ki was under the impression the two of you were friends - it isn't. But that didn't stop him from visiting you in the rooftop while you're busy mourning over Augustus Water's death in the book. He settled himself beside you, waiting patiently for you to give him attention.

"Don't. Don't disturb me, I'm grieving here", you said, briefly looking up from the page as you tried to stop the tears for a fictional, but a marvelous man indeed.

Abruptly, he settled a hand in your shoulder. "Is there a problem? Is that why your friends told me you wanted to be alone?", he asked and there was a sincerity in his voice.

You were taken aback by his gentleness. His voice was quiet, yet confident: his eyes locking onto yours without a glimmer of his usual naughtiness.

"They didn't tell you how stupid my reason is?", you paused, looking at his head who slided down your shoulder. "I'm grieving over a guy who could never be real"

"Oh", he sighed as though he had personal experience of disappointment. "How could you even cry over a fictional guy when there's real one for you?"

"Gus isn't just a normal guy. He is my ideal guy", you rolled your eyes at his remark. His face remained calm despite of your voice beginning to shake as you spoke. "The girl was the one who have a heart problems and yet he was the first one to die"

Peeking at your face, he fidgeted a little from inside his pocket to get a handker. "And your issue is?"

By this point, tears had began to form in your eyes as you remembered how life is so short for August and the girl might never meet another one like him. "Just think about how painful it is when it sounds like Gus is her first love", you spoke it with a choke that he nearly wanted to chuckle. "The world is too cruel"