Chapter Forty + Unedited

What were you supposed to do in the house as an only child in the first day of semestral break? Jay certainly didn't have a clue

What were you supposed to do in the house as an only child in the first day of semestral break? Jay certainly didn't have a clue. Waking up in a big house far enough away from the city almost near to the boundary - inside a very private subdivision - made it all that much more difficult. How can his friends from School can easily get there to visit him?

With how spacious and beyond their expectation their house is, they'll certainly doesn't want to visit but there's nothing exciting there because it was just the three of them - him, dad and mom. The two doesn't even always stay at home for too long. Since they comes home from Seattle, all they ever do is took in a daily business ventures in the other countries, as if they doesn't have that much money enough to last them a lifetime.

Now, he wanted nothing more than to leave there and go to a suburbs where he'll at least be surrounded with warm people. In other context, Daniel, Jungwon and Sunoo with your special edition.

His dad seemed to have other ideas - not that he'd actually say it blatantly to his son's face. Instead, he was doing the very businessman thing and trying to convince Jay with the pro's and con's, advises for the future and for the good of the company with his words into doing what he wanted. He seemed to forget that his soon took after his mom a lot - Jay can figure out quickly that he's been wanting for him to now consider taking Harvard seriously or any Ivy League from America for that matter.

But Jay sat without a word, listening to his dad as he talked over their lunch in their expansive backyard with a swimming pool - about how his investors seemed to be asking of how his son is doing lately.

Realising that his dad stopped talking and was watching him for an answer, Jay tried not to sigh. He lowered his eyes to his plate and reluctantly asked, "What do you want me to do about it?"

"It's not like you've been doing much in that school of yours", his dad started, and Jay struggled not to comment on it. "Their sons couldn't even meet you in the much better choices of schools"

"Well, why don't you go and tell them that I want to enjoy my teenage life while I still can?", Jay tried to make it sound like a casual remark. It didn't work as usual.

He looked up in time to see his dad pursed his lips in disapproval. "You know I'm going out of the country with your mother for holidays", he explained. "Why don't you go out to some of the golf's clubhouse and socialize with them?"

"I don't see what having to entertain them will do for me", Jay reminded him and gestured to himself. "Look at me, dad. How do you see me as?"

"I needed you to impress them all, Jongseong", his dad pointed out. "I've been long letting you do whatever you want since you stayed at Seattle. Can't you just at least for once answer to what I want for you this time?"