Chapter Seventy ♥ Epilogue ♥ + Unedited

Park Jay held an enormous respect and admiration for his dad

Park Jay held an enormous respect and admiration for his dad. Park Jongseok had been nothing but a role model his whole life. But after they both found out how they fall into a mother and a daughter who both break their hearts in the same way at a different time, the dad became more attached to his only son and even tried to involved him into their journeys to some countries if only to forget the pain a little.

Except Jay couldn't even go on a day without thinking about the girl who simply left him with no goodbyes. It leads to Jongseok giving him some of his mementos from the past, which included old documents, books and to keep the irony of their story, love letters.

Jung Hae In had been considered the first love of his dad. He was so curious about this woman he read each of those letters detailedly to see what was so special about her like his mom used to say. From what it looks like, Jongseok wrote about his first day of highschool, his first prom, and many other occasions telling his special memories with her.

The strangest part of those letters was the presence of Sim Jaejoon, the boy admired by everyone else.

Now Sim Jaejoon was an important part in their story, but what Jay found interesting was the constant description of Stella Young being glued to the hip of this guy. Jay frowned at his dad's words. He wrote many times about how Hae In was usually fighting with Stella, for she have to pretend Jaejoon's girlfriend for a year, so the latter would realized she do not own her bestfriend. However, Jongseok also wrote how Hae In trusted Jaejoon with her life for some reason.

Apparently, Jaejoon followed her everywhere she went and defended her all the time whenever Stella is there to make her day worse. And now Jay was reminded of how Jake acted around you was so much like his father. He didn't understand and neither did his dad.

In most of Jongseok's letters, there were several mentions to Kim Donghyuk, but there was one particular page that caught Jay's attention. It's pages were mistreated and ruined, not due to decades it had survived, but due to the many wet spots on the paper. The pages were ruined because his dad was crying while he wrote. It was a sad vision, to imagine a younger version of his dad because of just a girl, but he, Jay, understood where is he coming from when he felt the same thing.

In that particular letter, tales of regrets, sadness and brokenness were written. Jay found it's content more and more tearful as he kept reading, not believing someone as close like his dad could ever love Jung Hae In the way he did in his youthful years. It was obvious how great the love he has for the girl, but it was even more obvious that Hae In didn't return it as much, at least according to his dad's words.

But most of all, those words were heartbreaking.

Dear Jung Hae In,