Chapter Sixty Eight + Unedited

It seemed, that Jungwon had been through too much, he had sat by your side as midnight approached and ultimately passed on one too many seconds to talk

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

It seemed, that Jungwon had been through too much, he had sat by your side as midnight approached and ultimately passed on one too many seconds to talk. Tonight, like the many nights that had already passed with you being asleep, but now was already awake waiting for him - he was sitting at your bedside and keeping careful watch over you.

At first, you were watching him talk to your brother, you couldn't make out what they were saying to each other. But whatever their topic is, had Daniel growing solemn before he left the room to give the two of you some time alone.

When you were finally left alone with Jungwon, you glanced curiously back towards him, "So, you already know it, right?"

He sighed tiredly, rubbing a hand over his face, "I think enough is enough", he stated in a stressing tone.

"I don't - I don't understand", you told him, eyes never leaving his.

"No", he spoke, voice firm and leaving no space for any arguments, "I don't understand. I simply don't understand your way of thinking, if you really liked me, then why did you not end up to choosing me instead of him?"

Caught off guard, you looked away from him, not prepared for this and after a few seconds, back towards him. Jungwon watched you solemnly, "Why? He haven't - surely Jay didn't told you about it?"

Jungwon shook his head, swallowing harshly, "No, he didn't", he said, "I just saw guilt in his eyes whenever I talked about you and why else would he keep on staying here if not for that?"

"I'm sorry", you said softly, taking him by surprise. When it seemed like Jungwon was going to pressed further, you shook your head, "I'm sorry because I lead you on all this time. I could say nothing to defend myself when it was the truth"

He searched your eyes then, looking for a sign of a lie. Finding none, he struggled to ask you anything. Eventually, he settled on to this, "Since when?"

"In the first night of retreat", you answered truthfully, turning away from him and returning to the window.

You used that chance to avoid having to focus once more on Jungwon and finding it hard to bear to even staring longer at his face, like it was accusing you somehow. As for him, Jungwon became lost in his thoughts about the sudden revelation you had confirmed about you and Jay, and he did not push you for an explanation or anything.

He never did. In this instance, you were infinitely grateful for it.

Eventually, Jungwon glanced at his watch and sighed, preparing to sit at the bed, "We needed to talk now about everything that happens between us. Before it's too late"