💌 Chapter Fourteen 💌

The world ended on Tuesday at the end of September eight, at exactly the hour you get off at school, give it one or take a second or two

It started out just a regular day. In a book you know something terrible's about to happen because the way the writer described the weather is so bad, or you run into a few anti-hero. But not even the weather was giving any clues that day. It was cold, but bright and sunny and there wasn't a villain in sight, unless you count Daniel.

If only the day would pass quicker than they were.

You thought you'd be fine the whole day, but you couldn't shake the nervousness eating on you at what was to come. At one point, in the way to one of your classes, you come across Ni-ki at the hallway and when he caught you looking, he smiles which made you hid behind Violet.

It seemed surreal and miraculous to you that you survived it until you bedrudgingly got out of your friend's car at 4:25 pm, only to see Ni-ki is already there at your porch. With Daniel and Jungwon anticipatedly watching over him. They really didn't let this pass especially when Ni-ki hugged you before you let him enter the house.

An unstoppable thought appeared in your mind undeniable as clear as the sun in the sky: my dad is going to kill me.

But it was too late, Ni-ki is here now along the boy you knew your feelings will never waver for. Yang Jungwon was even sitting across you in the table once your dad calls for an early dinner, acting as if he wasn't enough to distract a girl from her real guest and Daniel is there, practically giggling to himself. And why the hell did Sunoo have to appear out of the blue - bringing kimchi from his mom?

Not only that but your ridiculous dad invited him to stay for the dessert and well - let it be known how the sunny boy couldn't refuse a cheese cake. And because you possesed all the bad luck in the world, he'd caught you staring hard at his new hair color pausing halfway through combing them with his fingers. You hurried to look away, nodding thankfully to Ni-ki's offer of juice.

Daniel seeing through the heavy awkwardness among the three boys - just smiled. "You are not hyperventilating inside, right, noona?", he looked at you, so does everyone in the kitchen.

When you looked up at him behind your share of cake, there was that typical cheeky smile on his faceband then back to Ni-ki who asked, "Why are you so flushed? Do you have a cold?"

You shook your head, assuring him quietly. "I'm just embarass with my brother here", Apart from the fact he started this and Jungwon is watching the two of you closely. "You see, he never knew how to behave himself"

And before Daniel could say another word of rebuke, your dad served the tuna sandwiches and he cut each sandwich in quarters and decorated it with a sprig of parsley.