Chapter Forty One + Unedited

It is a sad and shocking fact of your life that Daniel is your brother, the one and only one who's brave enough to wake you up the day your mom is arriving at home after two years working in England

It is a sad and shocking fact of your life that Daniel is your brother, the one and only one who's brave enough to wake you up the day your mom is arriving at home after two years working in England. You'd already been supposed to wake up when there's a sudden splash of water in your face. In other words, you were forced to change the cover of your bed while you could hear him snickering from the doorway.

And the only reason you can't stop for a second to take a revenge was your dad telling you that all of you were running late than the departure time of your mom's flight, so it all happened in the backseat of his car.

As soon as Daniel let you in first, you locked the door to his face and pretend to not hear him knocking repeatedly until your dad got enough of it, shouting: "Y/N, come on, let him enter inside. Your mom is already at the immigration!"

Only then did you let Daniel in, and he was too damn happy over his mini victory - with him sticking his tounge out at you that by the time Dad was pulling out of the driveway, you were suffocating him with his neck pillow but not that he would let you win just easily. Using one of his legs, he attempted to kick you in the shin, only to receive a pinch from you directly to his nose.

"Dad, Noona is killing me!", he said over you going next for his hair the second he grabbed yours, untangling it from its ponytail. "Dad, help!"

"You started it Danny, so face it and don't distract me. I'm driving!", Dad insisted loudly, only for his concern to be returned with more whining.

Quite what you'd done to deserve a brother like Daniel, you weren't sure and why were you even joining him in a child's fight? Harshly tugging on your hair with a strength you were surprised he possesed and he was even laughing as if you were playing a game with him, and unaware of the curse words playing around your mind. He was in danger of becoming your least favorite person.

"Why do you have to become such a pain, Kim Dongkyu!", you demanded, your voice held an indignant tone to it.

Daniel, laughing as if he'd been told the funniest joke in the world, paid no attention to Dad stopping at a traffic light and as soon as the car halted, the impact had him falling to the floor with a grunt of surprise. The tight space for his body made it difficult for him to get up. It served him right, you think as you laughed more than planning to help him.

Finally, realizing that you could leave him there until you reach the Airport and the rest of the drive there could be spent in peace, you get over to the front seat, ignoring the pleas of your brother in the back. While your dad is looking down at him before he turn for the intersection of the airport route, he just shook his head and shared a smile with you to hear Daniel threatening the two of you to tell Mom.