Chapter Fifty [ 2 ] + Unedited

That night after everybody has gone into the bed and Jay left for his hotel room, you couldn't sleep

That night after everybody has gone into the bed and Jay left for his hotel room, you couldn't sleep. It always took you an hour or two to sleep, even though you'd be tired from the whole day, but things in your mind were keeping you awake. You tossed and turned for a while, and then you couldn't stand it anymore - you put on your bathing suit, the one Hye Jin gifted to you just this afternoon. It would be your last swim for this vacation.

When you swam alone at night just like this, everything felt so much clearer. Listening to yourself breathe in and out, it made you feel calm and steady and strong. Like you could swim forever in an endless ocean.

You swam back and forth a few times, and on the fourth lap, you started to flip turn, but you kicked something solid, your heart bursting in fright. You came up for air and saw it was only Jake's leg. He was sitting on the edge of the pool with his feet dangling in.

He'd been watching you that whole time. And he was wearing a jacket, to keep the cool breeze from making him shiver every second.

Despite of knowing him very well, you stayed underwater up to my chin and was suddenly aware of how my bathing suit wasn't really suggestable to wear in front of a boy when you're alone with him. There was no way you would get out of the water with him still there.

"Since when did you get here so late?", you asked accusingly. "And what are you doing down here anyway?"

He had that amused, condescending Jake look on his face, the one that drove you crazy. "I just passed by when I saw you sneaking down here in your bathing suit. It looks sexy"

The air felt different all of a sudden. It felt charged, electric, like you had been zapped by a thunderbolt. You let go of the the thought and started to tread water, away from him. It felt like forever before you spoke. "Jake, stop scaring me with your words," you said. "You should quit for your own good"

"You're right I should quit", he said and the moment was over when he smiled. "But my dad said I should really work hard for the things I wanted. He doesn't want me to give up easily just like he once did"

You let out a sharp breath when he started to dip his legs in the water from his spot. "Jake -"

"Look Y/N", he said quietly, licking his bottom lip. "You haven't said anything to me until now to stop. Because there's no way I'm letting you bury this over the sand"

"The point is.. I can't", you said quietly, avoiding his eyes. "Even if I did like you back, what would Heeseung say to me?", It's a lie, though. "I just broke up with him yesterday night through text"

"What would he say?", Jake repeated incredelously. "What would your ex-boyfriend say? Why does that matter?"

"You have no idea what type of rumors would start about me if I even so much tried to date you"