Chapter Fifty One + Unedited

Life sure was a strange thing, it never turned out quite how you expected it to be

Life sure was a strange thing, it never turned out quite how you expected it to be. You can never predict how the last day at Daecheon could be so eventful, it feels like a dream when you were already way back home with your whole family being silent on the car - a rare occurence that made you understand something in the system had shifted.

You just didn't know if it would be good or a bad thing. Rather, you knew that at least, the whole meeting with the other family had shaken up both your parents they never asked about the center part of that day.

It begins in the morning with Hye Jin embracing you and Daniel at the same time as she squeezed you both dotingly, almost suffocating the two of you. This was always the hardest part about meeting her occasionally - leaving her again to her puppies. She didn't know when she would see your family again - she may not see you for a year or more once your mom get back to England.

Savouring the moment, she unwillingly pulled away as your mom cleared her throat from where she stood by her side, glancing towards her wristwatch. "You might want to let go of my childrens before you decided to adopt them"

"Stay safe, my babies", Hye Jin said softly, kissing your forehead next to Daniel who's getting as Jungwon chuckled from beside your Dad.

As usual, your mom was becoming impatient, and had been attempting to depart for a while for your last activity today, but Hye Jin always found excuse for another hug, or Dad found another topic to talk about - and curiously enough, they made sure to evade topics from their school days.

"And you", Hye Jin said with shiny eyes as she made her way over to Jungwon with open arm, it took him awhile to realize what was happening, but as he was pulled into a hug, he seemed immobilized as he stood there awkwardly. "I am going to miss you too, looking baby boy"

As you and Daniel shared a look, the two of you stifle a laugh together as Jungwon was left looking lost in the motherly hug. "You look after the two of them, okay?", Hye Jin added, but in a whisper.

"Of course, ma'am", Jungwon said smoothly, a doubtful smile appearing in his face.

At last, the five of you managed to escape Hyejin's sweetness as you all get inside the car and waved at her from the window repeatedly, watching as she grew small along the rest of the beach when the car sets off to embark in the other souvenir stores into the main city of Boryeong.

"When will we see her again?", Daniel asks, during the silent ride as it becomes obvious the rest of you was still sleepy from waking up so early.

Mom squinted at him, as if trying to make sure she'd heard him right, before finally nodding. "You can go visit her in the summers if you want. She would love visitors like you"