Chapter Forty Two + Unedited

He liked to blame his midnight cravings on his bestfriend

He liked to blame his midnight cravings on his bestfriend. It was because of Sunghoon that he'd settled into this habit in the first place. It all began when they first stayed together in one condo unit and if they would stay awake, with the ice skater grumbling over him missing his mom's cooking, he would then went to cook ramyum for the two of them.

Usually, once midnight arrived, the two of them would finally be sleep in their separate rooms, with Sunghoon beside Gaeul and he, Jake, is to Layla who he thought is so soft to hug acting as his pillow. And now that he'd returned home after talking all afternoon to his brother about you, the first place he stepped foot upon was their kitchen.

Approaching the cupboard, he rifled through it in search for the instant ramyun, only to physically jump when the lights were suddenly switched on. He winced at first, struggling to acclimitise with light, but when he finally did, he turned to find a very confused looking Sunghoon who's hair is a bit ruffled while hugging to his dog, Gaeul in the doorway.

He watched him with an absentminded look before stepping into the kitchen. "I heard you entered the door and she was barking at my room", Sunghoon confessed softly, likely not wanting to awake the other dog in the other room. "What will you cook for us this late?"

"Ramyun as always", Jake said pointlessly, reaching for two ramyun packet and before Sunghoon could say anything, he reached down for the boiler and set it to the stove. "Why are you still awake?"

"I haven't been able to shake the excitement for what's coming to me one of these days", Sunghoon confessed and for a moment only, Jake had a bad feeling as to why he have a guess it has something to do with you.

"What? Got a new competition this month?"

All too clearly, Jake could hear the smile in Sunghoon's voice. "No, more important than that. Like you advises to me, it worked and Gaeul will met Y/N soon"

As he turned on the fire, he turned to his bestfriend and hesitantly gives him a happy smile. "How? I mean, what did you to make her say Yes?"

"I just texted her while being myself and well, she agreed just as long as I bring Gaeul too", Sunghoon said eventually, not noticing the way the other boy's smile faltered.

Jake was quick to turn on picking up bowls. As he waited for the water boil, he silenced the room, in preparation, for the confrotation that was to come. Then, gathering the seasonings and dried veggies, he put it down the water along the noodles and there was silence again. When he put them in the bowls later, he didn't so much as look to Sunghoon who helped it bring down the glass table.

After he set the pitcher of water with the glasses and turned to eat, he remained a fair distance away from Sunghoon who leaned closer on his ramyun, watching him closely for any signs of anger. Not that he could ever admit to it. He was too busy trying to hold it in inside, but never will he lash out to his own bestfriend.