💌 Chapter Twenty Two 💌

Gossip was the thing you disliked the most

Gossip was the thing you disliked the most. Often because they can get overboard and might be replicated into something so far from the truth.

If it was someone else, they could often go away to avoid it. But when it came to a normal school, just like yours, it was ripe with gossip and everywhere you went you'd come across some students, male or female - gossiping about someone.

Most people would tiptoe around something like that if the person of the topic is near. But even now, as you sat in the break time in the cafeteria with Jay while waiting for your bestfriends, you could hear people talking about things they had no business discussing. They insisted too much avoiding theirs, they focuses on other's problems. Which is yours with Heeseung.

After a few minutes of not listening to Jay's chatter about what you had missed in Seattle, you'd taken into hiding yourself behind a book of World War Z. Turning the page of your paper to the part where this autistic girl was saved by the lady with big soft arms, both you and Jay perked up at the sound of your name from the next table.

For now, you would listen without looking up to see just who was talking about you. Just what are they assuming nowadays?

"Y/N?", a voice belonging to none other than Yana laughed over their topic. "She is the total proof that looks can be deceiving. After my boyfriend, she's now hanging out with the three transferees"

Someone in her group laughed as well in response, "What about the boy who's always with her brother? I bet she's flirting with him too"

"Really?", someone else asked incredelously, making you think she would defend you. You became hopeful too soon. "Because he received letters from her too. What was on her mind? That doing it in old ways will make her different from the other two-faced sluts?"

"I've got a brilliant idea", Yana says, and Jay turned his head to her way as if he'd forgotten he shouldn't fight a female. "Why don't we try to copy her penmanship and send letters to all the boys in the campus?"

This makes one of her friends laugh until she coughs. It sounded like karma has come to her too soon, but there's more. "Can I suggest making it lewd for the male teachers? Her image would be wasted away!"

As their group continues to enjoy their not-so-quiet ingenious plan for you, you glanced over at Jay, who is unusually restraining himself from the clear angry on his face. But at the moment, he catches your eye, he gives you a weary smile, and in spite of everything, you can tell there's a part of him that wanted the girls to put them in their places.

However, much to your already worsening predicament, Yana is still smiling her wicked smile and you can tell she's only just warming up.