Chapter Fifty Five [ 2 ] + Unedited

It was a simple photo of your mother in your age and not exactly the kind of one you needed when she was with another boy smiling with her in it

You held it flat in your hand, examining the background of what looks to be a party in a skii cabin, and the way they looked each other was full of endearingly emotions for each other.

Out on the the porch on a sunday evening just after Jungwon and his mom brought you home, another car slid into view, and you squinted out at it, the first, faintest pattern of an idea taking shape in your head. You sat up straighter, your overworked mind waking up again, working through the possibilities as you spun the picture absently in your hands.

The whole thing seemed suddenly the saddest thing, like the most obvious tragic in the world. There on the picture, a sense of what could've been antagonize you and it creates a doubt like it was hardening inside you like a cement, and you were so busy untangling the thread of your unstoppable thoughst that you didn't hear someone coming from the driveway.

But at the sound of footsteps on the steps of the porch, you whirled around, and you gulped at the sight of Heeseung.

From across the space between the two of you, he smiled. He was wearing a simple black jacket and a black pants and there was something in his hand that you were certain must be a brown envelope.

"You look deep in thought,", he said, still standing at the edge of the porch.

You were unable to keep from smiling just to be polite. "Hi", you said, and he tilted his head, looking at you with amusement.

"Are you daydreaming or thinking?"

"Thinking", you told him, and he seemed to consider this for a moment before taking a few steps toward you in your seat at the swing.

A slow smile spread across his face as he murmured, "Whatever it is, I'm here to offer you help once again"

But it wasn't as if you had willingly accept it, either. The situation had forced you into telling him as he showed you the content of the documents that he had gotten from Yana Lin.

💌 _____________________________ 💌

Yana Lin:
Well, what do you think of the dirt in her family?

Heeseung:
Thanks for the info. I found it enormously helpful to be drawn more to her.

Peace off!

💌 _____________________________ 💌

The moment he'd opened the envelope, all of his doubts had fallen away. Yana Lin had clearly meant it to be a warning of sorts, but it had the exact opposite effect.