💌 Chapter Sixteen 💌

It wasn't odd for you to hear Daniel's tormenting words if he knew you were up to something where he couldn't come with you, claiming that you needed to tell every details of the date he called through the door

It wasn't odd for you to hear Daniel's tormenting words if he knew you were up to something where he couldn't come with you, claiming that you needed to tell every details of the date he called through the door. But because you knew just how much of an idiot he was, you never reply even to his little knocks from time to time.

You chose your outfit carefully in the afternoon. You wanted something casual and understated with the importance of the meeting to the person you were about to see. Jay is probably going to wear something up to the trend but you were always just a plain Jane girl. There was a change for today.

It had been your idea, in order to minimize the reasons to get recognition from anyone in school regarding your involvement with Heeseung to wear a dress for once. If only your mom would see you now to the pink silk dress and the rope and canvas sandals Daniel gifted you in your last birthday. For the make up?

Nope. There was nothing you applied in your face other than a face powder and a boring pink lip tint to make yourself looking like a decent human instead of the usual hog's visage from your brother's opinion.

Dad:
Are you done? I'm still locking your brother in the basement and god, he's threatening me to tattle on your mom.

You:
Done! I'm going. Thank you

Dad:
Go! Before he could follow you out the door!

Taking the cue, you stepped out of the room and down the stairs to find your dad preventing Daniel from coming out the basement's entrance, as if your brother is one hell of a monster - a little monster. Maybe he is. Then, on the door you waved to them just as Daniel were finally free and it was like seeing an orangutan being restrained when you close the door before hailing a cab.

Because this is the first time you were going to meet Jay again, he's giving you the feeling of déjà vu.

What is this day is going to entail?, you wonder. Even before you reached the mall, your phone buzzes and you knew it was from him.

Park Jay:
I'm already here.
What about you?

You:
On the way

Park Jay:
Are you really okay with this? Not forcing you, am I?

You:
My brother replied to you but the book tempted me to

Park Jay:
Is that the way to get to your heart? Books?

You:
Who knows? Why why?