Chapter Sixty Five [ 2 ] + Unedited

As the time went on between you and Heeseung in the room, you had never been happier when you saw he was picking out the guitar from its bag

As the time went on between you and Heeseung in the room, you had never been happier when you saw he was picking out the guitar from its bag. After not talking to him in so long, you felt like a real lucky girl to see him in his elements. Well, everything had been different since you broke off the fake relationship with him, but you wanted to look on the bright side.

After all, Heeseung was still one of the boys you like the most. Not romantically, but you knew whatever happens, you will always have a soft spot for him.

"How are you feeling now?", he asked, pulling on the chair closest to your bed as he sat on it.

You had been involuntarily smiling all day since he did, "Fine. And I just felt really... optimistic"

"I'm glad to know that", he said, taking your smile as a sign for him to prepare himself in this conversation. Then he settled his guitat on his lap, leading your attention to it.

Awkwardly adjusting your blanket around you, you simply looked at him for a moment, having no idea what to say. But you were still smiling, nevertheless.

"I waited to visit you as soon as I can", Heeseung said eventually, breaking the silence and fidgeting with the strings, "But I keep getting scared because I can't stop blaming myself for what Yana did to you"

"We shouldn't even be talking about her, and I would never blame you for it", you told him honestly.

There was another pause, just as awkward as the one when the other boys were present. But then Heeseung cleared his throat, and you looked up at him from staring down to the guitar he holds. He didn't look at you as he rifled through his bag. Retrieving a book from it, he thrust it towards you and when you take it gratefully, your eyes flickered up to his upon reading the title.

"Nikita Gil?", you pointed out to the author of the poetry book. "She was one of my favorite writers. Have I ever told you that?", you concluded with a small chuckle.

With him nodding awkwardly, Heeseung gestured to a page he made sure to put a bookmark, "I read it before giving to you, and highlighted my most favorite part"

"That's very thoughtful of you, Heeseung", you assured him, flipping back to the bookmarked page. Your breath catches in your throat when you spot the poem he was talking about.

It's the simplest gesture of affection, but why does it look like so sad to you? And so you murmurs the words out loud, running your fingers along the lines he must have made. This is what the poem says:

Sometime, you are going to miss a person who was an almost to you.

And feel sad because there is no name for that feeling. You just feel it in a way that makes you very tired to the bones.