Surprising yourself with the things of the Lord (January 8)

"When the children of Israel saw it, they said to one another, What is this? For they did not know what it was. Moses said to them, This is the bread that the Lord gives you for your food."

Exodus 16:15

In that passage, the people of Israel were surprised by what the Lord had done. The Lord brought bread down from heaven to bring their sustenance. You never saw anything like that. The Lord brought something supernatural to feed the natural. When we seek the things that come from above, the Lord comes and materializes in the natural world what we seek. (Colossians 3: 1)

Our flesh feeds on the things of this world, that is, it feeds on sin, but our spirit feeds on the things that come from on high through the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 14: 4; Ephesians 6:18) We do not know when, where and why, but when the Lord does in our lives what He has prepared for us, we will say the same thing: "What is this?" Do you know why? Because we do not imagine what the Lord will do, as we are extremely limited, so we are surprised by the things the Lord does in our lives. (1 Corinthians 2: 9)

Soon you will say, "What is this that the Lord has done for me?" This will be the beginning of a new time! A time of intimacy and newness coming from the Lord!

What is this that the Lord has done ...?

God bless you!