Seeking the Kingdom within us (January 10)

"Therefore, seek first his kingdom and his justice, and all these things will be added to you."

Matthew 6:33

This biblical text is well known, but little explored. The Lord teaches us to seek first the kingdom and the righteousness that comes from Him, and the rest he has been adding according to our search and faith.

We need to know where and how to seek the Lord's kingdom. The kingdom is within each of us and the only way to seek it and to kill our flesh daily. (Luke 17:21; Galatians 2: 19-20)

But when I seek the kingdom first, what does the Lord add to my life? He adds blessings that the world cannot give. (Deuteronomy 28: 1-14)

Look how interesting the first verse of Deuteronomy 28: "If you listen carefully to the voice of the Lord ..." We need to listen carefully to the voice of the Lord, for He instructs us on our journey. When we seek the Lord's kingdom first, He gives us drink, food, and clothing. (Matthew 6: 31-33)

It's just no use looking for the kingdom if it doesn't come first in our lives. The Lord can only bless us if we seek first above all else. (Deuteronomy 6: 5)

Seek first the kingdom of the Lord within you!

God bless you!