Fights serve to bring us closer to the Father (March 25)

"Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the son of Amitai, saying, Arise, go to the great city of Nineveh, and cry against it, because its wickedness has come up to me. the Lord went to Tarshish, and going down to Joppa, he found a ship going to Tarshish, so he paid for his ticket, and went down into it to go with them to Tarshish, from presence of the Lord."

Jonah 1: 1-3

Jonah was under a word from the Lord. I needed to go to Nineveh to prophesy a word of restoration, for that city was corrupted by sin.

Only Jonah did it totally contrary to the Lord's command. He fled to Tarshish to escape the presence of the Lord. But the Lord made a great storm at sea causing the ship to start to break. (Jonah 1: 1-4)

We all go through struggles, but we almost always don't understand the reason for them. Struggles in our lives serve to form the character of the Christian and also serve the Lord to bring us closer to Him.

We often run away from our calling, perhaps out of fear, or shame, or any other reason. But we need to understand that we are the doors that the Lord wants to open in this world. (Romans 8:19)

Elias also had problems with himself. There was a moment when he fled to the cave, where he had an encounter with the Lord. (1 Kings 19: 9-18)

So take a stand! Transform struggles into learning, and be filled with the Holy Spirit!

God bless you!