Falling into the waters (April 18)

"And Peter answered him and said, If it be you, Lord, command me to come to you on the waters. But noticing the force of the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink, he cried, "Save me, Lord!" And Jesus promptly stretched out his hand, and said to him, "Man of little faith, why have you doubted? "

Matthew 14:28-31

This passage is well known to many. Peter and the other disciples went in front of the boat, but a strong wind started, leaving them afraid. Then Jesus went to them on the waters of the sea. They thought they were a ghost in the middle of the sea. Peter very boldly asked for a test to see if it was Jesus himself. Then at Jesus' command, Peter went to Him on the waters of the sea.

We've reached the point where God wants to talk to us.

Peter walked on the water, but suddenly the wind hit and he was afraid, coming to sink. My problem and yours, many times, is that we only want to walk on water. Often we just want to be on top of a pulpit, record a little cd... Many times we just want status. Then when the wind blows, we run to Jesus. But Jesus, in his infinite wisdom, wanted to show the other side of the gospel. It is more interesting for Jesus to dive headfirst into the waters than to walk on them. (Ezekiel 47:1-12)

Ministries, gifts, miracles... All this does not reach the heart of God, because it all comes from Himself. But what matters to Him is our heart. (1 Samuel 16:7)

When we are under water, the wind doesn't make us afraid, because the water protects us. We do need to follow our call yes. And we must often walk on water, but we need to have more time with God in our bedroom. (Matthew 6:6)

God bless you!