Two types of sins (April 15)

"If anyone sees his brother committing sin not unto death, he will ask, and God will give him life, to those who do not sin unto death. There is sin unto death, and for that I do not say that he pray. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not to death."

1 John 5:16-17

The Bible shows us two types of sin. One leads us to death and the other does not. But what would be a sin to death and a sin that does not lead to death?

I think in Romans 16:19 we can understand this a little bit: "For your obedience is known to all; therefore I rejoice over you; and I want you to be wise for good and simple for evil."

Here Paul is showing that we must be wise to do good, and simple or innocent for evil. That is, we must always do good, and if it happens to do bad, let it be by accident.

God does not consider the time of our ignorance. (Acts 5:30)

A time of ignorance is when we sin without knowing it is sin. That's why Paul tells us to be simple for evil, that is, to be innocent for this type of sin. The salary of sin is death. (Romans 6:23) It brings spiritual death, physical death, dream death... Anyway, let's die little by little.

When the serpent was condemned, he had to eat the dust of the ground. The interesting thing is that man was formed from the earth. (Genesis 2:7 ; Genesis 3:14) This means that every time we do the flesh's will, we give food to the devil.

That's why we have the Holy Spirit, to reveal ourselves when we're wrong, so that we avoid sin to death. (John 16:8-9) The sin that is not unto death is that sin that we do without knowing it is sin. (Acts 17:30). We need to kill our flesh, and live a sinless life. (Galatians 2:19-20)

God bless you!