Purifying the Temple (May 24)

"When Jesus entered the temple, he drove out all that sold and bought there; he also overturned the tables of the money changers and the chairs of those who sold doves. And he said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called a house of prayer; , turn it into a den of robbers."

Matthew 21:12-13

Jesus was outraged at people using the temple for commerce. Using the temple to earn money, doing things that are not pleasing to God...

Today is no different. Many use the church to get fame, money... use the ministries to stand out, where Jesus should stand out!

But the dirt doesn't start in the church, on the four walls. Dirt goes further! Jesus actually wants to cleanse the temple that is you! (1 Corinthians 6:19)

Sometimes there is something inside us that needs to be taken away. We often use our bodies for things that are not pleasing to God, and often we don't even notice. We need to walk in the Spirit, without doing the will of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16; Ephesians 6:18)

Only the Spirit reveals to us what is wrong within us. (1 Corinthians 14:14-15; Romans 8:26; 1 Corinthians 2:10-16)

Purify your life, for the Holy Spirit dwells in it!

God bless you!