1.

"Good morning! What can I get for you?" I say to the girl in front of me, with a smile on my face

"Good morning! What can I get for you?" I say to the girl in front of me, with a smile on my face. She looks really tired, the black circles under her eyes are proof of that.

"Hey! A double espresso, please." Comes the answer from her, without looking up from the phone she holds in her hands.

"Coming right up." I say while turning around to quickly prepare her order.

It doesn't take much time for me to be done with it, I've been working here for three months now, which is enough time to learn how to make every single type of coffee on our menu.

"Here you go, $3.25." I say, handing her the drink with a smile once again. She gives me the money and turns around without another word.

Sometimes I think about why am I even trying to be nice to others if they clearly give no shit. It makes me sad that these days being kind is not normal, it's more like an exception.

This is actually the only thing that I dislike about working here. Watching and listening to the grumpy and rude people who only want their morning coffee, in order to survive their  "all so bad" day.

Of course there are some exceptions too, as I said before. For example there's a little girl who comes in every other day, asking for a mug of hot chocolate before school, or the old guy who brings tea to his wife every afternoon, and lights up the shop with his smile.

Those are the people that this whole thing is worth it really. Also, it pays the rent, of course.

I actually shouldn't be complaining. I have a job, a fairly decent apartment, and I'm able to go to university. I have pretty much everything I need, there are people in far more shittier situations.

While getting lost in my thoughts, I decide to wipe down the empty tables, since we're past the time when the place is crowded.

Now the only customers we have are a guy in a suit, sitting in the corner, working on his laptop, and a young couple joking around, smiling at each other constantly.

As I'm cleaning the tables, the couple is the first I decide to observe a little more.

The first thing I notice is that they act like there's no one else in the world, except them. They're completely lost in each other, ignoring everything and everyone surrounding them.

The boy is pretty good looking, which he definitely knows about himself. I can see he's doing all the tricks he can think of, in order to win over the girl. He runs his hand through his hair every once in a while, or wets his lips with his tongue slowly, while deeply looking into her eyes.

She has no idea though, it's obvious she's all over him, so it works perfectly. She's blushing like crazy every time he 'accidently' touches her hand, or gives her a cheeky look.

They're definitely in the honeymoon phase, blinded by the pink fog. I don't know if I should be happy for them, or I should feel bad. They probably have no idea that this isn't going to last forever. This is the easy part where you don't have to worry about so many stupid things.