17.

December 24th

December 24th

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping outside my window and I turn on my back to sleepily rub my eyes.

The sun hasn't come up fully yet, making me assume it's still pretty early. I lazily reach for my phone to check the time, the number on the screen confirming my thoughts immediately.

7.05

God, I feel like shit.

My whole body is numb, my head is pounding, I swear it's like I haven't slept a minute the entire night. I know it's partly because of jet lag as well but still...

I hate feeling so tired all the damn time.

I wish I could just stay in bed all day, but unfortunately I'm sure I couldn't sleep any more no matter how much I try. So I decide to get up instead, before I actually drown in self pity, quickly throwing on a clean shirt and simple jeans.

On my way out of the room I notice the small lamp on the bedside table and I can't help the small smile that creeps up on my face as I think back to what happened last night.

No one has ever done something like that for me and honestly it's pretty hard to wrap my head around the fact that it really did happen.

I mean, people just don't do that, right?

No one is that thoughtful and caring and so... normal about that kind of stuff. Normally if you tell people that you can't sleep in the dark they either laugh in your face or look at you like you're a weirdo.

Well, except Harry, I guess.

He doesn't even ask anything, he just tries his best to make you feel better. I seriously don't understand how he does it. How can he be such an incredible human being? Like, that's just not fair... you have to have at least one flaw...

I realise that I've been staring at the lamp for at least two minutes now so I quickly switch it off before leaving the room and making my way downstairs.

The house is silent and first I assume no one's up yet, but as I get closer to the kitchen I hear very quiet muffled voices from inside. I almost turn around, not wanting to bother anyone's conversation, when I suddenly recognise one of the voices.

"I want you to know that I'll be by your side, no matter what." Anne says, her tone is emotional, and as soon as I comprehend her words I immediately know who she's talking to.

"I know, Mom." Harry speaks up this time, his voice is small and weak, coming out as more of a whisper.

I take a few more steps towards them, noticing the door is slightly open, and before I could think twice I peek inside the room hesitantly.

Harry is sitting at the counter, hanging his head low while Anne walks over to him, hugging him from behind tightly.

"I love you so much, honey." She tells him quietly, and Harry takes a deep breath like he tries to keep inside all the emotions.