65.

1 year laterJuly

1 year later
July

The smell of fresh coffee hit my nostrils as soon as I pushed the door of the little coffee shop open, the familiar interior putting an easy smile on my face as I led the way to the counter. This place had become a regular destination for me over the last couple of weeks, on most days I came alone, but sometimes Harry or Cash joined me, like today.

My best friend had an arm around my shoulders as we waited in line, her eyes scanning the menu, even though we both knew she was going to order the exact same thing as any other time. I couldn't blame her, I was the same. Not very adventurous when it came to coffee, if I found something that I liked I was sure as hell sticking with it for a long ass time.

At the moment I was a pretty big fan of this place's cold brew. That's what I went for every time, today would be no exception.

"So," Cash spoke up as we waited for our turn, her eyes on me. "A fishing trip?"

"A fishing trip." I nodded and did my best to avoid her curious gaze. Her voice was laced with amusement, she was making fun of me– well, technically not me. She was making fun of Harry. "It's a guy thing, I suppose."

Cash was now grinning, clearly very entertained by the matter. She found it hard to not burst out laughing, I could tell.

"No, Lizzy. It's a fifty-year-old-dad thing." She corrected me, chuckling. "And even then it's lame."

I rolled my eyes, trying to hide the smile on my lips. I would've loved to come to Harry's defence, but there wasn't much I could do. Going on a fishing trip with your mates really did sound quite funny.

Because that's where Harry was. He left yesterday. He and some of his friends drove up to this lake for the weekend to stay at a cabin and well... fish. When he told me about it, my reaction was similar to Cash's, but I did my best not to laugh at him. He seemed very serious and excited about it. He looked so cute, packing his bag and getting ready for the trip. He even bought a fishing rod and everything.

I think the reason behind his excitement for going away was mostly the fact that in the past year he hadn't really been doing anything of this sort. He was home, all the time. It was something that I found very strange at first, for obvious reasons. Each night we went to sleep together and each morning we woke up together, like a normal couple. Before I left for work or for school he had breakfast with me and when I got home, we sat down and ate dinner together.

It was so crazy and I honestly needed some time to wrap my head around the fact that it was actually real. It made me so happy to have him there, I can't even explain it. His mere presence made every single day better, coming home to him just lounging around the living room, watching some crappy TV show was a feeling like no other... It made me giddy and smiley, as if I was some girl with a crush in middle school.