8.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about this?" I hear Mitch's voice from behind me, as I stand in front of the mirror to adjust the collar of my shirt

"We already talked about it." I state simply, concentrating on my actions instead of looking at him.

It's been five days since I saw Sierra, and after I stormed out of her place I felt like a mess.

I didn't know what to do.

I felt angry and confused.

I drove straight home and sat on the floor in my living room for hours, drinking whiskey and trying to make some sort of sense of everything that had happened.

I was panicking.

I had no idea how to handle the situation, I felt like I was cornered.

Still feel like it if I'm being honest...

At first I didn't want to talk to anyone, I just wanted to be alone... but when the third day passed with me drinking myself unconscious I figured I might need some company.

That's how I ended up at Mitch, knocking at his door with bloodshot eyes and a killing headache.

He didn't say a word, just opened the door for me to come in.

He didn't ask what was wrong, didn't try to pull answers or any kind of explanation out of me to why I looked like I did, and that's exactly why I went to his place and not Jeffrey's.

Jeff tends to worry a bit too much in these kinds of situations, afraid I might really break some of these days, to the point I won't be able to come back from.

Mitch, on the other hand, is very good at giving me space and waiting for me to say whatever I want whenever I feel like it.

He's not an idiot, he knows exactly something is wrong, but he also knows I'll tell him eventually, as soon as I'm ready to do so.

He made me some tea, sitting down in the armchair opposite of the couch I was taking a place on.

Silence fell between us, allowing me to gather myself a bit before putting everything out there.

Then I started talking.

And Mitch listened.

I told him the whole story, describing how the former 'love of my life' turned my life upside down in a split second.

I took a few long pauses during my speech, mostly just wondering whether this was just a really bad dream or the actual reality.

After I was done, exhaustion took over me and I practically passed out on the couch, sleeping through pretty much the entirety of the next day.

I haven't said much ever since, still kind of feeling trapped in my own head, but at least Mitch is here to keep me company.

He said I can stay as long as I want to.